Salsa, Steak and burgers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
It has been a very long time since I have cooked up a T-bone steak. The prices here have been pretty crazy for the last four years or more. I was at our local Vallarta market and they had one calling out my name at $8.06/Lb. That is less than half what I have seen in a long long time so I had to get it.

I also got what I needed to make another roasted salsa since I had ran out. I was getting it ready earlier today when I saw the pack of Angus beef burger I bought just a few days ago but forgot about. I could freeze it but it is never as good as fresh so I might as well just cook it all.

I started with the salsa. There was more than in this pic but this is what was roasted.

2023_steak_and_salsa_001.jpg

Then I got my meat on. The steak got the center stage. Just Salt and Pepper on the steak, only salt on the burgers.

2023_steak_and_salsa_002.jpg

The burgers were done way before the T-Bone. I had to add more Cowboy charcoal to finish it off but it all turned out great in the end. I was planning to only eat the T-bone but the smell of the Angus burgers won me over. The lineup.

2023_steak_and_salsa_003.jpg

I ended up having a burger that was better than ever and just a few slices of the steak. More for later. The salsa was perfect. I can have some every day.

2023_steak_and_salsa_004.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky