5 different rub test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
I normally smoke quarters. But decided I would try some new rubs out today and didn't want to possibly ruin an entire quarter if we didn't like one of them! Going to be laying them directly on the shelf. Thats how I always smoke the quarters and they turn out pretty good. Any input? I've seen some different videos of guys smoking them in the foil pans?

Reactions: Smkryng
1590862492435985973292565726173.jpg

Reactions: Smkryng
Looks good to me. I think leg quarters are pretty forgiving, I always cook straight on the racks with them also. I haven’t tried them in a foil pan.

Looks good to me. I think leg quarters are pretty forgiving, I always cook straight on the racks with them also. I haven’t tried them in a foil pan.
Thanks for the input. Yea I don't think I've ever had bad quarters. So they must be forgiving! Lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky