2014 Michigan Get Together ( July 19 2014 )

Discussion in 'Michigan Members Group' started by handymanstan, Mar 23, 2014.

1. handymanstan

handymanstan Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Hey john maybe you could do a breakfast smoke for the ones coming friday night instead of smoking dinner.  There is going more food then we can eat what with everyone smoking something and the fatties.  Just a thought.
    I sent you a PM. 

Stan

2. Breakfast fatty. Good idea. Probably be needing a good base to start the hopps formenting on Saturday....

3. johnbphotos

johnbphotos Fire Starter

Hmmm... Maybe I could smoke a Pork Belly Friday night and make breakfast burritos with it on Saturday morning.

How many people are you expecting to be there Friday night?

If I do that I may only bring my MES unless an additional stick burner is needed.

Also thinking of doing some of my famous (to me anyhow) Rib Doggies to snack on.

Thnx,

JohnB

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. handymanstan

Thanks john,

Breakfast burritos sounds good.  I would guess at this point 10-20 people for breakfast but now that they know about the burritos more might come early.  I will be there before 9 am.

Rib doggies look good and sounds great.

I think we will have enough smoker space so the MES should be enough.

5. Pool is at 80. Just sayin..

Who was bringing nametags and a sharpie?

6. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Cam,
    I'll bring the name tags and sharpie.

7. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Oh and I talked with Dave and he is still on the fence. He's working a lot of hours out of town lately, so he can't commit just yet. His SMF handle is Daver1208, so send him a PM with all the info if you can. Maybe that'll persuade him. Thanks.

8. handymanstan

Thanks Kurt.   Done

9. towerclimber

towerclimber Fire Starter

Towerclimber--2 butts, buns and homemade tater salad...I'm tryin like hell to get my smoker there but I may need space on anothers...ill know when the time frame gets closer

10. East siders are going to need a bus!!!

11. towerclimber

I'm in warren...ill buy the beer for the ride there!!!!

12. hillbillyrkstr

hillbillyrkstr Master of the Pit Group Lead

Looks like this Q is gonna be a lot bigger than last year!

13. robbq

robbq Smoke Blower

Well I already have a butt on the menu. .A fatties for throw down. .will do one for breakfast sat morning. A western omelet fatties perhaps.
    Bacon onion rings..and a couple growler of craft beer. Should bring swimsuit? Is 3 butts too much with towerclimber...2?

14. Pool will be open!

15. We could use some volunteers coming saturday for things like salad, potatoes, sides, deserts???

Me thinks there will be lots of meat with the list so far.

16. towerclimber

My wife is gonna make her potato salad...its always a huge hit at our bbq's

17. fpmich

fpmich Smoking Fanatic

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.  Things have been hectic for my wife and I right now.  Now have to make an unplanned road trip to CO to haul some stuff for Deb stepdad.

We still plan on attending your cookout.  We will bring  a pan or two of scalloped potatoes.  Maybe I can talk her into a desert too.  We will just have to warm the potatoes up to serving temp again is all.  So it might take an hour or so of rented space in someone's smoker.

18. towerclimber

Hey everyone,
    Noy sure to start a new thread in mich forum...my phone is weird buy here are some pics from today of my smoker...I had rain day at work so I put in time on the smoker...enjoy the pics

19. towerclimber

robbq likes this.
  20. That is off to a BIG smoker start FP.

I am sure we will have room in a Smoker for a couple pans of taters. :)