2014 Michigan Get Together ( July 19 2014 )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I buy all my pellets from todd, and I use the chunks from the bags I find at the local stores. A buddy of mine went to a local apple
Orchard last year and got a bunch of apple wood on the cheap. I honestly didn't even think about the chemicals though.... Good call on that Robb.

If you have any suggestions in all ears.

Hey Robb. I use pellets and dust from amazenproducts here on the site. I do have a local wood supplier right around the corner though and he has apple, cherry, hickory and maybe a few others. I can have some available for the gathering if anyone is looking to purchase.

and yes, busy as hell getting the yard ready! Lots to do here.

Hey Robb. I use pellets and dust from amazenproducts here on the site. I do have a local wood supplier right around the corner though and he has apple, cherry, hickory and maybe a few others. I can have some available for the gathering if anyone is looking to purchase.

and yes, busy as hell getting the yard ready! Lots to do here.

Awesome. .that would be cool. . Wish something I could help with. .
Did you get a handle on all the food?

Where's everyone been? Practicing those second place fatties im assuming? Lol!

Can't wait for the second annual michigan get together!

20 days left till the party!!!!!  I am still here and yes I am getting sick of Fatties. LOL 

We are still waiting for a few to confirm.

@newsmoker chaz ?

@Shamp ?

@Gator ?

This is going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait.

Stan

Last edited:
Hey Stan,

Things are not looking good for me this year. My annual Fantasy Football Rules meeting is scheduled for the same day. Right now it's scheduled for 4, but might get pushed back to 7. I'll keep ya posted if things change.

Man Does That Sound Like A Good Time!!! But I Will Be Smkking A Whole Hog For My Family Reunion. Please Post Lots Of Pic And Lets Us Know The Winning FattY Recipe.

Hey Stan,

Things are not looking good for me this year. My annual Fantasy Football Rules meeting is scheduled for the same day. Right now it's scheduled for 4, but might get pushed back to 7. I'll keep ya posted if things change.
So sorry to hear Dave. We will miss you for sure.

Man Does That Sound Like A Good Time!!! But I Will Be Smkking A Whole Hog For My Family Reunion. Please Post Lots Of Pic And Lets Us Know The Winning FattY Recipe.
Sorry you can't make it Jason,  There's always next year.  I hope you post your Hog smoke and we will post lots of pics.

Stan

We on the home stretch now. I have a house full all this week with 4th parties this weekend and family reunion on the 12th. Been squeezing some walleye fishing in too. Sorry, it is not possible to save walleye longer than a day around here..

no fatty practice here. I plan to win right out if the gate!!!!

So now I have a conundrum. My dear aunt decided to schedule my grandmothers 80th Birthday party on the same day as our gathering. We haven't been given a firm time yet, but I may be pulling double duty that day. As of right now I may come to the gathering early and stay til 3 or 4pm. We'll see once I know more about the timing of things.

Sorry to here about the conundrum Kurt, You can bring Grandma to the gathering and we will all sing happy birthday to her.
th_blowing-out-candles-emoticon.gif

Seasonedlazyman sent me a PM and will be coming and said he will bring his smoker if it's ready.

@fpmich Since you two are going to be judges how hot can you take it?  Should we keep the spice down?  I was planing on making two fatties with one mild and one Sriracha hot. 

Only 17 days left until
th_4th_of_July.gif

Stan

The list updated!

Cam- Chicken thighs and a first time brisket

Handyman- BB ribs, smoked cheese and crackers, a Rabbit. Tums and Watermelon  

Hillbilly- ABT's and baked beans

RobbQ-  PP sammitches, poppers or bacon onion rings, and sauces

Hummdinger- CSRs, Mac and cheese

Johnbphotos- breakfast burritos and rib doggies

towerclimber- 1 butts, buns and homemade tater salad.

Fpmitch- a pan or two of scalloped potatoes

Shamp- pork butt

Seasonedlazyman

@newsmoker chaz ?

@Gator ?

We on the home stretch now. I have a house full all this week with 4th parties this weekend and family reunion on the 12th. Been squeezing some walleye fishing in too. Sorry, it is not possible to save walleye longer than a day around here..

no fatty practice here. I plan to win right out if the gate!!!!
Ditto on out of the gate. Cookouts last few weekends and more this weekend. So first time fattie is gonna happen there. Beware! It's like the California Chrome conundrum!

Below is my BB ribs and Grilled smoked glazed salmon.  Very busy...

Yummy looking chow right there!

We made hillbilly dinner right on the campfire last night. Cabbage bowl full of steak, potato, onion, garlic, green peppers and carrots. Season to taste, wrap in foil and straight in the campfire fr about 30 minutes. Kids loved it.

Reactions: robbq
Hey everyone,
Just a quick hello to say hey.
I just got word yeaterday that I may be going to north carolina for work leaving monday the 14th so there is a chance I'm going to miss yhe get together. Ill know more this coming week if I'm going.

Figured I'd give you all a heads up but nothing is set in stone yet

The good news is that if I do have to go it is north carolina and athentic NC bbq will be calling my name

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky