2014 Michigan Get Together ( July 19 2014 )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This will be my first attempt at a fatty. First attempt at a brisket too.

Speaking of food, we had better get the menu together..

Who plans to bring what???

Cam- Chicken thighs and a first time brisket

Handyman?

Hillbilly?

RobbQ?

Hum? (You better have two pans of mac n cheese!!)

Anyone??

Hillbilly is bringing ABTs, and beans. Of cores a fattie or two as well. I'll be in the middle of moving around then so I doubt I'll be able to bring my smoker. I was hoping to buy it's probably gonna be hard.

I will bring 5-6 racks of  baby back ribs.  2 Fatties and a rabbit for the pressure cooker. Oh and some cheese and crackers to snack on.

I can bring my MES 40 and a charcoal smoker.

Also planing to bring 2 canopy's in case of weather, 10 tables, 60 chairs and one ice table.

Cam what time are you starting the brisket? 

All night smokes are awesome!

Then again I've failed twice on brisket. Humdingers buddy who was at your place last year said he has brisket down.

Hahahaha! That's true cam. But like I said I failed in my few attempts so you won't hear it from me!

Hello All.

As of now, just myself is attending. I will be bringing my Weber Smokey Mountain. I do think a late Friday evening arrival could happen. I will be bringing my entry to the Fattie throwdown.

. It will be my first attempt. Main dish is pork shoulder and some buns for sammitches. I as well will try a side. Either Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers. Or bacon onion rings. ( this is I will try )  I as well hope to have a few growlers of some craft beer for some sampling . I do enjoy a cigar while sitting. I am not sure if anyone else indulges. I will be starting the shoulder around 4-5 am to insure a rest period for dinner. And may whip up some of my sweet coffee bbq sauce or tangy pepper sauce. If there is any other info needed please feel free..

TTYL  ps check out my fathers day gift!

ROBbQ

The 2014 gathering has now been made official. I just reserved the porta potty. Thought I should tell you all. :)
Good thinking Cam, if Rockstar makes those Jalapeno's stuffed with saracha meat again, you may need some extra blue water.......! LOL

I'll be doing country ribs again. I just did some this past Sunday so I have them dialed in pretty good. Ok Cam, I'll ask the wife to whip up her Mac and cheese again. She usually bakes it, but I think the smoker really puts it over the top.

I'll have some rack space in my smoker for others to use if needed. It'll be purring along at about 250 degrees for most of the day so if anyone else wants in on that, LMK.

I'll also bring the corn hole, washer, and ladder ball games again too.

Hello All.

As of now, just myself is attending. I will be bringing my Weber Smokey Mountain. I do think a late Friday evening arrival could happen. I will be bringing my entry to the Fattie throwdown.

. It will be my first attempt. Main dish is pork shoulder and some buns for sammitches. I as well will try a side. Either Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers. Or bacon onion rings. ( this is I will try )  I as well hope to have a few growlers of some craft beer for some sampling . I do enjoy a cigar while sitting. I am not sure if anyone else indulges. I will be starting the shoulder around 4-5 am to insure a rest period for dinner. And may whip up some of my sweet coffee bbq sauce or tangy pepper sauce. If there is any other info needed please feel free..

TTYL  ps check out my fathers day gift!

ROBbQ
That's a sweet set up Robb. I'll watch for smoke to the east! ;)

RobbQ that is a nice dads day gift for sure.  I see many fine meals made with that in the coming years. 

Kurt is Dave coming this year? 

The list is growing. 

Cam- Chicken thighs and a first time brisket

Handyman- BB ribs, smoked cheese and crackers, a Rabbit. Tums and Watermelon  

Hillbilly- ABT's and baked beans

RobbQ-  PP sammitches, poppers or bacon onion rings, and sauces

Hummdinger- CSRs, Mac and cheese

Johnbphotos- breakfast burritos and rib doggies

towerclimber- 1 butts, buns and homemade tater salad.

Fpmitch- a pan or two of scalloped potatoes

@newsmoker chaz ?

@Shamp ?

@SeasonedLazyMan ?

@Gator ?

@Daver1208 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: robbq
I'm in.

Will be bringing my MES 40 and my Brinkman stick burner.

I am trying for a Friday late afternoon/ early evening arrival.

Will be staying in an RV.

Not sure what I'll be smoking yet

I am new to fancy smoking and this forum. The get together sounds fun. How do I get involved and participate. Were is it located? Am I supposed to bring my smoker?, or can I chip in some cash to help those cooking to defray the cost. I built my first reverse flow smoker this winter and use it at a camp ground were we are seasonals, I am learning the cost of cooking for large crowds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky