2014 Michigan Get Together ( July 19 2014 )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Stan, I will volunteer my wife and I to be judges for the Fatties.

We've never seen, nor tasted, a Fattie.

So with us, it will be a triple blind test.  Same for my wife,

You will get a perspective, that is not geared toward a certain preference, in  flavor, texture, appearance and etc.

Yes..I believe I will officially smoke a Fatty!
( I haven't said that since high school! Lol )
I have been pondering on what to actually do? Along with a regular smoke. .any suggestions on regular smoke?
Tha'ts great Robb, now there are three! 
Stan you smoke a fattie yet??? I waiting I see the results of your first one buddy.
I have smoked a fattie or two.  Here's one I tried.
View media item 317947   It tasted good...

The one I make for the party I have never done or heard of it being done so something different for sure.

Stan, I will volunteer my wife and I to be judges for the Fatties.

We've never seen, nor tasted, a Fattie.

So with us, it will be a triple blind test.  Same for my wife,

You will get a perspective, that is not geared toward a certain preference, in  flavor, texture, appearance and etc.
Thanks Frank we will only need one more judge now. 

Now we just have to get @kingfishcam and @Humdinger Involved in the throw down.

Stan

Reactions: robbq
Looking good Stan!

Where have cam and humdinger been hiding? Probably test Qing fatties daily! Lol

Looking good Stan!

Sorry for the absence gang, was on vacation with the in-laws.......

Ok, so it's a fatty thrown down you want, then a fatty throwdown you'll get! I'm in. Though I must warn you, even though I've never done a fatty before, I have great "beginner's luck". I'll use the 4th of July weekend to begin experimenting...mwha hahahaha

I also have some tables and chairs I could bring. Lmk if you think we'll need them. Also what kinda smoker space will we have? Should I bring mine?

Looking good Stan!

Sorry for the absence gang, was on vacation with the in-laws.......

Ok, so it's a fatty thrown down you want, then a fatty throwdown you'll get! I'm in. Though I must warn you, even though I've never done a fatty before, I have great "beginner's luck". I'll use the 4th of July weekend to begin experimenting...mwha hahahaha

I also have some tables and chairs I could bring. Lmk if you think we'll need them. Also what kinda smoker space will we have? Should I bring mine?
Alright Kurt glad to have you join in the fattie throw down.  I think I have tables and chairs covered.  Another smoker can't be bad so bring it.

i would come
Glad to have you Shaner.  I look forward to meeting you.   This party is growing and will be a great time for all.   Are you willing to do a fattie too?

Stan

Beginners luck huh humdinger? I don't know anything about that. Lol.

I had never done a fattie until I issued the challenge. Figured it was a cheap, easy, and wide open arena for everyone. We should get some very different fatties for the judges to choose from!

I'm thinking we should probably make 2 fatties per person that way we can have more to pass around after the competition. I'm gonna do two any how cause I figure the guests will all want to try the winning fattie!

That just happened!!!

LOL  Now we have to do two...Do they have to be the same?  Are we smoking them all together in the same smoker?  

One thing we do need is a dedicated  photographer.  I will bring my camera but last year I did not do a good job taking pictures. Need someone who is not drinking or cooking.

If I do, I will be a last minute entry for the fatty contest. Be forwarned though, it may be a wild game not commonly found in freezers..

Pleanty of room for tents, campers or whatever!

80's hair band is most welcome at our place!! Although I have not spent much time practicing.

Yeah I think I can bring my mes 40 and we can do all the fatties in that one. That way they all have the same smoke.

Yeah do a few different ones that's cool. Gonna be a lot of different fatties to try!

Hello all. may I obtain exact address for planning voyage, a schedule of when smoking is to take place ( start, end of event ) .

Perhaps some contests on the side. Like:

Most intensive stare of smoker while cooking.

Best posture in a lounge chair.

Holding a beer the longest.

The funniest innuendo of man and meat. etc.

first.gif

just a few suggestions..lol.

Anyway, either post or private message coordinateness if not want to be made public.   

th_Slab_of_meat.gif

Thank you.

Rob   AKA  ROBbQ    

For all that plan to attend, I will get some hotel info, and my address/phone to Stan so he can send PM's. I dont have as much free time on the PC as the retired folks. :)

Anyone wishing to camp, just let me know. There is pleanty of space for tents to rockstar busses. Electric might be at a premium though. But I am sure we will manage.

I think we planned to eat in the 4-5pm range. Beer started pouring about noon.

For all that plan to attend, I will get some hotel info, and my address/phone to Stan so he can send PM's. I dont have as much free time on the PC as the retired folks. :)

Anyone wishing to camp, just let me know. There is pleanty of space for tents to rockstar busses. Electric might be at a premium though. But I am sure we will manage.

I think we planned to eat in the 4-5pm range. Beer started pouring about noon.
Very good. Thanks. I believe now an arrival time would be better off Friday night to be prepared. A tent for myself is doable. And if I can get ahold of a company vehical for transportation, I then can and will offer up use of my Generator if electricity is needed for event? It's Big! and capable. However my car is good for smoker and cooler. Do people prep meat or anything else onsight? Or best to have all done and waiting for the grill ahead of time. Minus any overnight meat rub or brine for time.

Getting stoked for this now. Looking forward to new people and event. As well as meatheads! 

I have a generator, and pleanty of electric for smokers. The spread out campers is the only iffy point of electricity. We should be good!!

Friday night I will be in a lawn chair by a fire brining chicken. And possibly rolling a fatty.....

I've only made two fatties so far cam and I only started after I suggested this throw down! Best part is the fattie itself is very subjective! You can make hundreds of variations! Im sure were gonna see some wild ones!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky