2 BUTTS AND 3 BIRDS WITH Q-VIEW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rollin smoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Pembroke ga
Smoking 2 Boston Butts (bone in) and 3 whole chickens for a Christmas party tomorrow. I'll be injecting the butts with apple juice and some seasonings tonight so they can soak overnight. Firing up the UDS about 8am and will have plenty of pics to come! Its gonna be a long smoke! Cant wait!

Wow! Sounds like a great smoke!!  The butts going on top, right?  Don't want chicken juice leaking into them.  Can't wait to see the Qview!

Can't wait to see it! Did you find a temp probe?
My wife surprised me with a master forge wireless today. Early Christmas gift. Tested it out and matched up prefect to the temp on my other thermometers. I'll be using it tomorrow. I'll be getting a maveric soon. I want the 2 probes.
Pops...chicken is definitely going on bottom! I'll probably start chicken when i foil the butts for a bit.

Sounds like she's a keeper! and you should be set for tomorrow! Don't forget the Q-view!

Butts finally broke through the stall at 170 IT. Unfoiled and letting them cook the rest of the way in the smoke.

Just thought i would take the time to thank all of the smoking pros on here. Since I've joined this forum my skill level has increased 10 fold! Smoking meats is not just a hobby of mine, it's a passion. And to have almost 40 people last night tell me that I made the best bbq they've ever had makes me love it even more! So thank you for the wisdom from all of you!!! You've created a monster!!! Haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky