Prime brisket in 3 2 1...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Hosting the family Christmas party tomorrow and I have no interest in starting this 20 lb brisket at 1am so it can be done in time. Smoking it today and will reheat via sous vide tomorrow afternoon.

Black pepper, garlic, and jalapeno salt. Trimmed and seasoned it last night, wrapped it up and stuck it in the beer fridge overnight. Using post oak today.

Trimmed up and ready to season.
20231215_215710.jpg

Ready for a night in the beer fridge.
20231215_223738.jpg

And we have ignition.
20231216_103940.jpg

20231213_183358.jpg

Just the point is on at this point. Getting the flat ready now, cooks so much faster.

More updates to come!

I can't belive I didn't get any pics of the slices up flat but it was lovely, had a nice ring and pinkish hue throughout. I seasoned the point as noted above but for the flat I used Montreal along with extra black pepper.

I also had a little fun and smoked a chub of spam. Hit it with some of my pork rub.

After the rest all of it was put in the fridge overnight and for the Christmas party it was vacuum sealed and reheated in the sous vide bath at 140°f for a few hours.

20231216_151154_resized (1).jpg

20231216_151206_resized.jpg

20231216_210127_resized.jpg

20231216_151154_resized.jpg

20231216_172252_resized.jpg

20231216_151154.jpg

We had 26 friends and family over to enjoy Sunday afternoon. It was a typical potluck. We provided the brisket, ham, smoked sausage, moink balls, potato salad, relish tray, queso, and banana pudding.

I failed to get pics of the other offerings but in my defense, I was pretty busy on Sunday.

Was a great time!

That was a great start but what about the finish pics ? Hankering for slice 😋

Keith
I'm slacking...

I didn't get any pics of the sliced up brisket but what I did was refrigerate the flat whole over night and sliced it next day before vacuum sealing it for the sous vide. For me it's so much easier to get nice clean slices that way. Looked kind like thick bacon slices with a crust.

I'm slacking...

I didn't get any pics of the sliced up brisket but what I did was refrigerate the flat whole over night and sliced it next day before vacuum sealing it for the sous vide. For me it's so much easier to get nice clean slices that way. Looked kind like thick bacon slices with a crust.
Well we've all done it but you made up for it with the Spam!
Smoke a lot of bologna but gotta try some Spam now😃

Keith

Reactions: philpom
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky