1st smoke ...Qview...take II

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

promisekeeper

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Well. the long awaited day is here! Got my new Smoke Hollow electric, seasoned it, and ..... <insert drumroll here>.... hickory smoked meatloaf, Dutch's beans, and fresh smoked mushrooms!
Details: 1pound beef, 1 pound sausage mixed with a pack of dry Lipton's French Onion Soup mix. Egg, cracker crumbs etc (follow directions on the box) Topped with Ketchup and bacon. set the smoker on about 250 for 3 hours. Took it off at about 170. At about half way through, we had to do a taste test on the beans....wife says, "When are we eating!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif
I can see that me and my Smoke Hollow are going to have a great summer! Thanks for all the help folks! Now the questions will REALLY begin!!

Almost forgot... when I took the meatloaf and beans out of the grill, I still had some chips smoldering in the fire box. I left the door open long enough to cool things down and stuck some swiss cheese slices in on a piece of foil. Left them in until the chips burnt up. They didnt take on much color, but sure tasted good!
4a2de351_vbattach24485.jpg

Good job, that looks greeat! Love me some smoked meatloaf. My girls are bugging me to make some, guess I need to get after it. After I started smoking them from reading SMF, I haven't done one in the oven since. Also makes awesome sandwich.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky