Wood Only Smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Millberry

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
Buford, GA
Do they make any good-small-less expensive WOOD ONLY smokers?--OR is the answer to find a used one?

Last edited:
Depends on what you consider less expensive. Never a bad idea to keep an eye out for deals on used cookers. I wasn't necessarily in the market for a stick burner when I found a used Lang 36 for $400. Still pleased with that purchase.

I've been using a CharGriller "Competition Pro" for a few years now. $299 at Home Depot.
The only things I did with it was use Permatex Red on the seams and add some steel plates to baffle. I'm ok with it.
You can use charcoal in it if you want to.....

Give us a budget so we can help spend your money better charlie
Jake-I have no idea---All I know about are Expensive, Big, & Heavy. I just was wondering if I missed a small one somewhere. I doubt it--just was thinking outloud but ended up typing it on here. Just us 2 folks

Last edited:
Dufus thanks you Jake....I think I just hit a point where charcoal was everywhere--floor, hands, driveway,truck--I'll calm down, but enjoy learning from y'all. Maybe a used offset for experimenting with is what I have decided--thanks to all. It will be fun!.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky