Horizon Smoker Customer Service…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nickmv nickmv
They're so "on top of things" that their website literally expired:

"Website Expired
This account has expired. If you are the site owner, click below to login.
Well actually they're website exists but they still need to state that they won't produce an item unless they receive enough orders to do so when offering said item for order.

They're so "on top of things" that their website literally expired:

"Website Expired
This account has expired. If you are the site owner, click below to login."

Yeah sorry, there's a certain minimum level of expectation out of a company, and if they can't even bother to act like they exist, then that's typically not a good sign. It's 2024, there's zero excuses for failed receipts, expired websites and more. What that says is "we're not willing to put the time in". Your products aren't your business, your products + the customer's experience are your business. Currently, the customer experience doesn't exist period. As of Feb 19 2024, Horizon BBQ Smokers for all intents and purposes does not exist.

Also re: customer service -- for customer service to matter, again it has to exist in the first place (eg. they can be contacted). Just some food for thought.
horizonsmokers.com works fine

Then just cancel your order.
You just don't get it, it's not about having the ability to cancel the order it's about Horizon letting a prospective customer know that under certain circumstances a particular item may not ship until a certain amount of those items are ordered by other customers, they completely failed in this respect. How you don't understand that is mind boggling but it doesn't matter as I'm done with this thread and you,enjoy your evening or not.

You just don't get it, it's not about having the ability to cancel the order it's about Horizon letting a prospective customer know that under certain circumstances a particular item may not ship until a certain amount of those items are ordered by other customers, they completely failed in this respect. How you don't understand that is mind boggling but it doesn't matter as I'm done with this thread and you,enjoy your evening or not.
I do understand. It's their business. You don't have to do business with them.

They did one thing very quickly, and that was process my credit card payment. Waiting or cancelling is the obvious choices. I will choose to wait as the product is exactly what I was looking for. Just a bad business practice.

Reactions: normanaj
horizonsmokers.com works fine
At the time of my post, their website was anything but fine. That copy-pasted text I put in my post didn't come out of thin air. They forgot to renew their basic account with Squarespace, which is how they host their site.

Edit: nope, still an issue. The issue is that they have an old now-broken site at horizonbbqsmokers.com that they failed to take down, and Google continues to index it in Organic search results. In fact, it was in the 1st position when I searched for their site when I made that post the other day.

It's still there, and is in the 2nd position currently -- horizonbbqsmokers.com. They should really remove old broken sites, as it's incredibly damaging to their SEO and domain authority, not to mention broken backlinks, etc.

At the time of my post, their website was anything but fine. That copy-pasted text I put in my post didn't come out of thin air. They forgot to renew their basic account with Squarespace, which is how they host their site.

Edit: nope, still an issue. The issue is that they have an old now-broken site at horizonbbqsmokers.com that they failed to take down, and Google continues to index it in Organic search results. In fact, it was in the 1st position when I searched for their site when I made that post the other day.

It's still there, and is in the 2nd position currently -- horizonbbqsmokers.com. They should really remove old broken sites, as it's incredibly damaging to their SEO and domain authority, not to mention broken backlinks, etc.
It had been redirected for months. Not ideal but it's a small business so instead of trashing them you might message them if it bothers you so much.

It had been redirected for months. Not ideal but it's a small business so instead of trashing them you might message them if it bothers you so much.
That's factually incorrect and you should have taken the 5 secs it takes to check before you posted that. Here's PROOF, clicked on the very first link on Bing for example when you search for "horizon smokers". It's literally the URL in the biz listing on Bing as well as the Organic result, and both take you to an expired website.

So no, I don't think I'll stop with pointing out this fact. Also, people typically don't get aggravated until someone blindly defends silly issues like what the OP posted about, as well as stuff like this. Funny how that works.

Re:instead of trashing them -- right back at you -- instead of blindly defending them, maybe acknowledge it's an issue and say......maybe you go reach out to them since you seem to like them so much.

I'm not here to hate Horizon Smokers, I have no reason to. I'm just pointing out silly stuff. Stuff that people shouldnt blindly defend. Esp the OP and related stuff. In fact I've kinda hijacked this thread and for that, I apologize to OP and the dude who ordered something where a company failed to tell him they'd take his cash and not make his stuff for a while. The issue with the failed communication about how the production works is far more important. In fact, why are we having to have this conversation in a forum to find that kind of stuff out? That's the real question here.

1708537977707.png

Last edited:
I went to the old website in December and there was a redirect link to the new site and I placed my order. The redirect is no longer working. BFD. Don't you have better things to do than rant about this? I seriously doubt they will lose sleep that you are upset with them because you didn't get your accessory in time. Cancel and buy somewhere else. I received my order and satisfied so no need to do anything more.

Oh and you must be the only person using Bing.
That's factually incorrect and you should have taken the 5 secs it takes to check before you posted that. Here's PROOF, clicked on the very first link on Bing for example when you search for "horizon smokers". It's literally the URL in the biz listing on Bing as well as the Organic result, and both take you to an expired website.

So no, I don't think I'll stop with pointing out this fact. Also, people typically don't get aggravated until someone blindly defends silly issues like what the OP posted about, as well as stuff like this. Funny how that works.

Re:instead of trashing them -- right back at you -- instead of blindly defending them, maybe acknowledge it's an issue and say......maybe you go reach out to them since you seem to like them so much.

I'm not here to hate Horizon Smokers, I have no reason to. I'm just pointing out silly stuff. Stuff that people shouldnt blindly defend. Esp the OP stuff. In fact I've kinda hijacked this thread and for that, I apologize to OP. The issue with the failed communication about how the production works is far more important.

View attachment 689289

I went to the old website in December and there was a redirect link to the new site and I placed my order. The redirect is no longer working. BFD. Don't you have better things to do than rant about this? I seriously doubt they will lose sleep that you are upset with them because you didn't get your accessory in time. Cancel and buy somewhere else. I received my order and satisfied so no need to do anything more.

I'm amazed how much you go out of your way to battle folks that either had a bad experience or found ridiculous issues that should never happen. But you do you.

How long have you worked there?

This is downright childish. You can use Google or Bing if you want. But hey, you tried, and yet again fell on your face. But again, amazing to see you directly argue with or challenge anyone who dares say anything but positive things about a company.

What was your goal exactly? Because I'm here to tell you it had the opposite effect.

Don't you have better things to do than rant about this?
Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited:
I'm amazed how much you go out of your way to battle folks that either had a bad experience or found ridiculous issues that should never happen. But you do you.

How long have you worked there?

This is downright childish. You can use Google or Bing if you want. But hey, you tried, and yet again fell on your face. But again, amazing to see you directly argue with or challenge anyone who dares say anything but positive things about a company.

What was your goal exactly? Because I'm here to tell you it had the opposite effect.

Pot, meet kettle.
I don't work there or anywhere for that matter. You are the one getting all up in arms. All I have said is if you don't like how they do business then don't. Find another place to buy your cleaning tool. You don't seem to like that. Sorry if you have issues.

My goal is to say I am a satisfied customer and do not agree with your ranting and raving.

No dog in this fight but went straight to the website when I Google them.

Keith

Click the first result. Broken site.

They have 2 sites being crawled by Google, and the broken one occupies way more space in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages) than the functioning site does.

I can tell you, as someone who works in this space, that they are suffering because of issues like this. It kills traffic to the site, which lowers conversion (customers, form submissions, purchases, etc), lowers SEO ranking, kills domain authority, raises advertising cost for CPC programs, allows competitors to easily outbid you in the space, and more. But more importantly, it's a poor user experience that drives people away. Hell, I'd argue it's not even an experience, it's a statement "we dont exist and you should buy elsewhere"

You didn't Bing them. Hahaha
The joke no longer becomes funny when Google produces the same results. But I wouldn't expect you to actually read.

Also, the whole telling someone to stop complaining while continuing to drop childish posts that, funny enough when examined, don't even make sense.

Keith
Google:
1708546042378.png

You guys can sit here and argue with me til the cows come home and it won't change that Horizon is running a broken site on the SERP and Google is crawling the crap out of it and producing way more search results for their broken site than their functioning site.

Hell, searching for "horizon smokers", which is quite possible the single-most-used brand search term you're going to find for them, produces THREE broken results to just ONE functioning result. That, once again, is a statement of simple fact.

Last edited:
nickmv nickmv you look awfully silly going on and on. We know you hate Horizon's web presense. Buy your ash cleaner someplace else. You will feel better. I will happily use my new one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky