Recteq 1250 one year review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Waiting for this to be back in stock and I'll probably pick one up. It bolts on to where the smoke stack goes and they say typically will reduce the temp by about 30-40F so that might be exactly where you want to be.

I want one too, that would really be a good addition to the 1250.
Al
Interesting to see you would have gone a size down. I've been looking at getting a new pellet grill, having previously had a Traeger Pro 575 a couple of years ago. Replaced it with a Chargriller 980. It just seems too big for *most* of what I cook. The size is nice to do two big pizzas side by side, but I rarely make efficient use of the space. I think I'd be happier with a smaller grill. But the advice you always read when asking should you go bigger or smaller is GO BIGGER.
If I did it all over again I think I still would have gone with the 1250, it is very efficient & uses very few pellets, especially at 180, which is where I cook a lot. The extra room is nice!
Al

Excellent review on the RT1250. I am looking at purchasing the smokebox addon. In your experience, is it worth it? Could you also please share the pro's and con's on the smokebox. Thank you!

Reactions: SmokinAl
This looks like an interesting option. I have watch people cold smoke with just a smoke tube and smoke lower then 180° using the different rack levels in the smoke box. Would be nice to have someone whom I trust give their opinion.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Excellent review on the RT1250. I am looking at purchasing the smokebox addon. In your experience, is it worth it? Could you also please share the pro's and con's on the smokebox. Thank you!

Al, I would second this. I would appreciate your assessment of your smokebox!

This looks like an interesting option. I have watch people cold smoke with just a smoke tube and smoke lower then 180° using the different rack levels in the smoke box. Would be nice to have someone whom I trust give their opinion.

I haven’t used the smoke box enough to give an honest opinion. It sure looks cool though! I have noticed that I’m getting more smoke & smoke flavor. Not sure why, maybe the distance to the stack keeps the smoke circulating longer in the CC. The factory therms were not accurate at all, so I replaced both of them. At 180, the bottom rack is at about 115, and the top rack is about 135. So in my opinion this would not work for cold smoking. However it is awful hot outside, so in the winter it may work just fine. At higher temps, the smoke box would work very well as a warmer, and actually am going to try that out today with some ribs & beans. When I use it a bit more, I will write a review on it.
Al

Reactions: cesarschoice
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky