Weber low and slow kit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It looks ok but you might get a lot of radiant heat off that plate. You could probably fit a water pan on top of it. You'll be able to use the whole grate surface which has advantages over something like the slow n sear. It would be great for things like ribs. Both parts will probably last forever.

I would love to try one. Oh yeah, $80 is very pricey which is the norm for Weber add ons.
Agree if I only had 1 it would a kettle.
Duh, I only have 1 in Florida and it is a 18" kettle. Well the complex gas grills get used too.

Reactions: Colin1230
I want a rotisserie before a heat defuser, the grate is a little close for me to attempt to use all of the grate with just a plate between. Having no way to adjust grate height leaves little room for convection to even the temps out

Hey Keith,
That's the real deal, it works. Here's why I say that. Tom Horsman did a You Tube video on making a DIY low and slow for the Weber kettle a couple of years ago and I followed his instructions. I was very interested too but they were unavailable at the time. So, here is what I got.
IMG_20210224_165537.jpg

IMG_20210224_165603.jpg

IMG_20210224_165625.jpg

Weber's price of eighty bucks is reasonable because after buying all the materials I had close to $100 in the set up. The defuser is two stainless pizza pans with a charcoal grate sandwiches in between. I think my charcoal ring may hold a little more than the Weber. Here is a butt that I cooked with the system.

IMG_20210302_105242.jpg

IMG_20210302_105250.jpg

IMG_20210302_112053.jpg

If you are on the fence Keith, I say go for it. Hey, it's only $80.😆

Weber's refused is double walled with an air gap so it won't radiate as much heat as you would think. The Weber Low and Slow and a new Master Touch would be a great alternative to a WSM. There, I've done my enabling for the day! 😆

Man I just went to the local Ace to purchase an extension ladder and instead I came home with a 22" original kettle. My wife looked out the window and said "that's a weird looking ladder" :emoji_laughing:

It's ironic you posted this because I have an extra ring for my 22" WSM and I wouldn't have know to use it on my new kettle. Thanks for posting and I bet I try a low/slow cook with my new kettle soon but tonight we gonna break it in with some burgers and BBQ chicken. Back to the basic for me :)

Hey Keith,
That's the real deal, it works. Here's why I say that. Tom Horsman did a You Tube video on making a DIY low and slow for the Weber kettle a couple of years ago and I followed his instructions. I was very interested too but they were unavailable at the time. So, here is what I got.View attachment 699519
View attachment 699520
View attachment 699521

Weber's price of eighty bucks is reasonable because after buying all the materials I had close to $100 in the set up. The defuser is two stainless pizza pans with a charcoal grate sandwiches in between. I think my charcoal ring may hold a little more than the Weber. Here is a butt that I cooked with the system.

View attachment 699522
View attachment 699523
View attachment 699524

If you are on the fence Keith, I say go for it. Hey, it's only $80.😆
I don't even own one a kettle Colin but am eyeing a couple on marketplace 😁.
Really want a 26!

Keith

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky