Vegan sourdough corn fritters!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
My daughter is vegan. I know I know Hahaha!! Still we enjoy cooking together. Been getting my sourdough starter back up and running and we made some corn fritters last night with a bit of veggies and spices mixed in. Must say they were darn tasty. Served them up with some homemade hummus and a Greek yougurt sauce for me.

IMG_5502.jpeg
IMG_5504.jpeg
IMG_5505.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5507.jpeg
IMG_5503.jpeg
IMG_5508.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 0
Those look amazing! Care to share the recipe? I have a family member who is vegan, and it's always nice to serve her something besides veggie burgers when she comes over.

Reactions: Redicans
Those look amazing! Care to share the recipe? I have a family member who is vegan, and it's always nice to serve her something besides veggie burgers when she comes over.

image.jpg

Plus a can of corn and I added some cumin also. I cut back on the amount of veggies due to the can of corn. Call for 2 cups but I was closer to 3 total corn and frozen veggies that I chopped finer.

If you don’t have sourdough starter I think you could just sub in regular flour made into a batter.

Man them fritters look good...

Question... The ingredients list says baking powder... The instructions say baking soda... I'm confused...
Thanks JckDanls 07 JckDanls 07 , they were very good.. Daughter approved for sure!!

You know I didn't even catch that. I used baking powder because that's what I saw first. It worked fine. If I make them again I might try the soda and see if there is a difference.

My daughter is vegan. I know I know Hahaha!! Still we enjoy cooking together. Been getting my sourdough starter back up and running and we made some corn fritters last night with a bit of veggies and spices mixed in. Must say they were darn tasty. Served them up with some homemade hummus and a Greek yougurt sauce for me.

View attachment 694026View attachment 694028View attachment 694029View attachment 694030

View attachment 694033View attachment 694035View attachment 694037

"My daughter is vegan."

Sorry to hear about your daughter, LOL!!!

I dated a vegan gal many years ago, what a pain in the ass she was around the holidays, my mom couldn't be bothered with making anything vegan except a salad, I'm much like my mom these days.

Oh, you're vegan? Bring your own bunny food is my household policy.

I love corn fritters, smothered in butter and maple syrup.

Dan.
:emoji_laughing:

• Haha
"My daughter is vegan."

Sorry to hear about your daughter, LOL!!!

I dated a vegan gal many years ago, what a pain in the ass she was around the holidays, my mom couldn't be bothered with making anything vegan except a salad, I'm much like my mom these days.

Oh, you're vegan? Bring your own bunny food is my household policy.

I love corn fritters, smothered in butter and maple syrup.

Dan.
:emoji_laughing:
Hahaha Dan! Yeah the good thing is I love my veggies and she whips up some damn tasty dishes. Won’t give up my meat though😂😂. She is cool with it as it is just her thing! Fun to do meals with her and that’s the main thing!

Reactions: forktender
I know this is an older thread…

We all have our ways… though I don’t understand vegan I respect their choice… and those look beyond amazing! Nice cook for the daughter on what she likes!

I know this is an older thread…

We all have our ways… though I don’t understand vegan I respect their choice… and those look beyond amazing! Nice cook for the daughter on what she likes!
Thanks Rafter, Yeah I am not vegan but she is so I go all in with what she likes to make. More often than not I am surprised how good it is! Yeah those fritters were Awesome. Kind of a regular thing now.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I don't care what you say... but pass the corn fritters and gravy please! Looks tasty! OK, so I'm a gravy nut!

Ryan

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky