Kielbasa Quest chapter 2: Smokies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I make BGKY's pepperoni snack sticks I wrap them in UNCOATED butchers paper and leave them in the fridge for a week or so. They dry out really nicely. It's a tip I picked up here after surfing the boards a bunch regarding packaging. I can't recall which one of these fine members provided the info though.

You would have to keep an eye on them and pull them they hit your desired 'dryness'.
Thanks N nlife . Butcher paper or paper lunch bags it is.

The week in the fridge makes all the difference. It’s a looong week though!
Ha, don't I know it. I've never had a batch last that long yet, lol. I did get to vac seal and freeze a package for my buddy near Dayton. Haven't seen him in a while and going to help him move next month. Gonna surprise him with some Jalapeño/Cheddar, pulled ham and smokies.

Reactions: GatorAGR
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky