Slicer: Chef's Choice 610 vs. 615

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Which one is best and what are the differences?

Chad

Here's what they say:

Features of the Chef’s Choice 610
The Chef’s Choice 610 is durable with a stainless steel and aluminum cast housing and has an attractive design. It has a powerful motor with a high torque which ensures the slicing of a variety of food items. The 610 can handle large roasts and similar items with its large carriage and ensure precision thickness for a variety of food items up to ¾ of an inch. It also comes with a serving tray and is very easy to clean with removable parts. An inbuilt cord storage means that you will not misplace it and do not need additional storage space for the cord.

Chef’s Choice 610 Rating: 90% (sourced: amazon.com)

Improvements in the Chef’s Choice 615
The 615 has retained all the great features of the Chef’s Choice 610 and is a recent and improved model. It has a motor which creates a higher level of torque and is also extremely cool while running. Because of this, the 615 uses 120 watts of electricity while the 610 only uses 100 watts. The gears of the 615 are able to cut meat or other food products smoother than the 610.

Chef’s Choice 615 Rating: 90% (sourced: amazon.com)

Which Model is Best – Should I Buy a Chef’s Choice 610 or a 615?
Both the slicers can do an excellent job of slicing meats and other food items and come with many features. If it comes to choosing between the two, it is recommended that you go for the Chef’s Choice 615 since it has a more powerful motor and is smoother than the 610.

Reactions: thebig1
I have had the 615 for over a year and find it slices anything I need. FYI the non serrated blade is/was on sale or price reduction at Amazon for $20 its regularly $40 ish. Blade fits both models.

Thanks Richie, that beef looked amazing. I think that I'm going to order the 615, extra blade, lube, and gloves.

Chad
Order the gloves bigger then the size chart shows.
I was lucky to get my hand in them after washing
Richie

This has been discussed several times before. Here are two threads you should read:

Here is a link to one which asks exactly the same question you are asking ("I am considering the chefs choice 610 or 615 for home use. Anyone have experience with these, pros/cons?")

Slicer recommendations

This one is a review of the 615 (which is what I have). The 610 gets mentioned.

Meat Slicer (review)

This has been discussed several times before. Here are two threads you should read:

Here is a link to one which asks exactly the same question you are asking ("I am considering the chefs choice 610 or 615 for home use. Anyone have experience with these, pros/cons?")

Slicer recommendations

This one is a review of the 615 (which is what I have). The 610 gets mentioned.

Meat Slicer (review)

Thanks John, I appreciate it.

Chad

I found the opposite on the cut gloves. My hands are big, I wear an XL in gloves but the cut gloves in XL are to big with material hanging out past my fingers. Luckily I also ordered the large gloves that fit good even with a surgical glove on underneath.
I don't wear the gloves at home much and I'm not sure they would help much with a slicer blade encounter. I started to wear a cut glove on my left hand while skinning and quartering game animals as this is done in not ideal conditions with razor sharp knives usually miles for any help. I've never cut myself bad when field prepping a game animal but came to the realization that it could cause some issues if I did not to mention the animal still has to be taken care of if I cut my finger off or not.

I ordered these cut gloves.

Thanks John, I appreciate it.

Chad

The one I use is a #645, but it's not mine---It's my Son's.
We share it, but it's at my house almost all the time.
I don't think you can go wrong with a decent Chef's Choice.

Bear

I have used the 615 for the past two years with excellent results. I purchased the smooth blade and it also works well. I can cut partially frozen meat for jerky and it does not bog down as long as you go slowly. The thickness setting knob works well and holds its position. Cleaning is easy and I use Petro Gel each time to keep it running smoothly. I do have question for other 615 owners. On my last batch of Canadian Bacon I had one piece that I was slicing leave a bottom lip on it. I had to stop and trim this lip a few times after about 10 slices. Has anyone experienced this situation and is there a solution?
Thanks
mds51

I have used the 615 for the past two years with excellent results. I purchased the smooth blade and it also works well. I can cut partially frozen meat for jerky and it does not bog down as long as you go slowly. The thickness setting knob works well and holds its position. Cleaning is easy and I use Petro Gel each time to keep it running smoothly. I do have question for other 615 owners. On my last batch of Canadian Bacon I had one piece that I was slicing leave a bottom lip on it. I had to stop and trim this lip a few times after about 10 slices. Has anyone experienced this situation and is there a solution?
Thanks
mds51

That happens with a lot of them, including me.
It works better if you stick the meat in the freezer for 3 or 4 hours before slicing.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky