Reaching Out To Our Tennessee Brethern

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I live south of Nashville, and I got just rain. Unfortunately, we've had 10 deaths so far. Parts of Nashville got tagged. Mt. Juliet got tagged, and Putnam County between Nashville and Knoxville has had 4 deaths so far. Not a fun day! Thanks for the concern Robert.

Dave

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
Knoxville faired pretty well given the circumstances. Lots of flooding and heavy rain but no damage that I know of. Terrible about Nashville it is all over the news down here. Thanks for the concern Robert.

Last night was not good. Many prayers for those that got hit by the tornado. Bunny and I were awoken at 4am by our emergency alert radio with tornado warning for our area in Northern Knoxville.

I’m ok have family in putnam and dekalb county sent message earlier today no response yet but my son said a lot of lines down out that way

My Prayers and Heartfelt best wishes for those affected by these terrible storms. Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the devastating tornado that ripped through our small town and neighboring towns. It is a frightening experience!

As sad as it is, I appreciate the updates. Just checked the news and they are saying it's up to 22 now.

Thus far two of the first three TN folks that came to mind when I heard the news this morning have replied that they are OK. They are 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN and SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan . The third that came to mind is TNJAKE TNJAKE Have not heard from him. Don't know what part of the state he calls home or if it's out of the danger zone. Hopefully we will hear from him pretty soon. Thankfully we have gotten word from a few others that I did not know were in TN but are seemingly OK. Please keep the updates coming. We have a considerable number of our SMF family in that area. Thoughts and prayers to all though, SMF members or not.

Robert

As sad as it is, I appreciate the updates. Just checked the news and they are saying it's up to 22 now.

Thus far two of the first three TN folks that came to mind when I heard the news this morning have replied that they are OK. They are 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN and SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan . The third that came to mind is TNJAKE TNJAKE Have not heard from him. Don't know what part of the state he calls home or if it's out of the danger zone. Hopefully we will hear from him pretty soon. Thankfully we have gotten word from a few others that I did not know were in TN but are seemingly OK. Please keep the updates coming. We have a considerable number of our SMF family in that area. Thoughts and prayers to all though, SMF members or not.

Robert
Thanks for checking on us. I live just north of Nashville. Got pretty bad here. Trees down everywhere. Power just came back on. My mom lives in the Germantown district in Nashville and it was one of the hardest hit areas. Blew all the windows out of her house and took off the roof. Luckily they were out of state for work. They arent letting folks into that area yet so dont know the full extent of damage. That whole area is pretty much flattened.

Thanks for checking on us. I live just north of Nashville. Got pretty bad here.

Jake, thank you for checking in sir. Glad to hear you're ok but it's heartbreaking to hear about your mom's place...as well as all the rest of the folks in that area. Blessedly she was not there when things got bad. Gonna be a tough road to recovery though. With that much devastation building materials are going to be in high demand, difficult to acquire, price gouging going on, and most likely everything going on allocation. Best of luck to you and yours!!

Robert

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Jake, thank you for checking in sir. Glad to hear you're ok but it's heartbreaking to hear about your mom's place...as well as all the rest of the folks in that area. Blessedly she was not there when things got bad. Gonna be a tough road to recovery though. With that much devastation building materials are going to be in high demand, difficult to acquire, price gouging going on, and most likely everything going on allocation. Best of luck to you and yours!!

Robert
Yeah it was a historic house built in 1800s. Definitely will be pricey to repair.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky