Piedmontese-First Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 7, 2017
Northern Arkansas-Banjo Land
Last month, I ordered a variety pack of Piedmontese beef. Finally, had time to grill a small sirloin filet. It was delicious. Cooked faster than I thought. Was alittle overcooked for my liking. Can’t wait to try the ribeyes!

IMG_3372.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg

Looks great Justin! Yeah, I learned the hard way about the carry over with meats from them. I now pull about 5 degrees earlier then I normally would.

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Justin! Yeah, I learned the hard way about the carry over with meats from them. I now pull about 5 degrees earlier then I normally would.
Thanks Steve! Yes, I’m going pull off the fire 5 mins earlier next time!
Nothing wrong with that at all.

I am in the little less pink crowd , so works for me .

David
Thanks David!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice cook , looks great from here .
The leaner cuts cook faster in general I think .

Looks mighty tasty for sure!

Oh yes cook to a rare temp vs mid rare, it will carry over to MR. It has taken me a bit to learn a new timing and "touch" to doneness! Oh if you dress it with a "hot herb butter" it really amps up the flavor....ie just melt a little butter and add some chopped herbs in it while it melts and get hot.

Oh and if you fire up that trusty vortex you have and you sear them over that, you will get a nice hot hard sear and keep it to the rare temp.......ie put a few chunks of wood in the top of the vortex and sear as they are burning..... Yum!

Now that's one fine looking plate Justin, nice work! Now I got to ask, what do you pay for that ribeye steak? I buy a few whole-in-the-bag standing rib roasts every year during the Xmas season meat sales, USDA choice, cut steaks and small roasts to my liking. This last year I paid $4.75 a pound, never in my life paid more than five bucks a pound, I grind tritip that I get for four bucks a pound on sale, makes a pretty fair burger. Is the meat worth what they are asking for it? I checked the prices, pretty far out there. RAY

DSCN0928.JPG

005.jpg

Now that's one fine looking plate Justin, nice work! Now I got to ask, what do you pay for that ribeye steak? I buy a few whole-in-the-bag standing rib roasts every year during the Xmas season meat sales, USDA choice, cut steaks and small roasts to my liking. This last year I paid $4.75 a pound, never in my life paid more than five bucks a pound, I grind tritip that I get for four bucks a pound on sale, makes a pretty fair burger. Is the meat worth what they are asking for it? I checked the prices, pretty far out there. RAY

View attachment 696297

View attachment 696298
Ray, you do what I do for ribeyes, Xmas and Easter they are on sale. As for TT....if available they are +$10.lb. Some day I will step up and try CPB...at least I tell myself that

Reactions: sawhorseray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky