Oklahoma Joe Auto-Feed Charcoal Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a Masterbuilt 800 owner. I like the gravity feed approach. I'm happy with it but always eying up the next one. I didn't see the price on the Tohoma till the end and was rather surprised, I expected higher. Would like to see one in person.

IDK bout this one. I did not see them involve wood.

And it looks cheap. But it may not be as cheap as MB.

I'm not a fan of that. I think the temps in the hopper and lack of oxygen just turn the chunks into charcoal. That was my experience with the MB560.
True but this has a different hopper design. It’s slanted vs 100% vertical.

Wood chunks in the ash bin work well, the smoke has to pass through or mingle with the burning charcoal to reach the cook chamber, which is the gist of the idea with a stick burner.

They work, at least the one I had worked great.
Best BBQ experience ever, BUT sometimes they are not well built and don't last.

Once I get it put together I will start a new thread with pics and short review

IMG_0498.jpeg

Same company makes both. They make almost all the department store bbqs
They downside of the new OK joe 900 Tahoma is no ability and no plans to include a rotisserie.

If that's the deal breaker for you, check out the aftermarket kits available on the internet.
They seem to be fairly easy to install and are pretty cheap to boot.
I found these on Amazon and there are ten times this many listed there.

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 20
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky