New Masterbuilt Gravity models coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love my 560, outside of the fan randomly not coming on I can't complain about anything. But I know their QCs really hit or miss and a lot of people have a lot of issues. If this really turns out to be close to the 33% efficiency claim, that would make me consider it. My 560 chews thru charcoal that's about the only downside for me. I'll definitely wait for review on YT and a few 6 month update videos before I even think about dropping $1.5k.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but the only clearly better gravity fed smokers I've seen cost an arm and a leg. I know the Chargrill ones have their own issues.

And I know this doesn't automatically mean it'll be better quality, but I saw an overview video I saw and it's 330lbs. That's 100lb more than the 1050. So at worst I'd say that's a good sign it should be a more solid unit than the old models. Here's the video

This is definitely on my radar big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 912smoker
I love my 560, outside of the fan randomly not coming on I can't complain about anything. But I know their QCs really hit or miss and a lot of people have a lot of issues. If this really turns out to be close to the 33% efficiency claim, that would make me consider it. My 560 chews thru charcoal that's about the only downside for me. I'll definitely wait for review on YT and a few 6 month update videos before I even think about dropping $1.5k.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but the only clearly better gravity fed smokers I've seen cost an arm and a leg. I know the Chargrill ones have their own issues.

And I know this doesn't automatically mean it'll be better quality, but I saw an overview video I saw and it's 330lbs. That's 100lb more than the 1050. So at worst I'd say that's a good sign it should be a more solid unit than the old models. Here's the video

This is definitely on my radar big time.

Keystone BBQ had 10 or so in stock on Saturday. Sold out in a few hours.

Keystone BBQ had 10 or so in stock on Saturday. Sold out in a few hours.

If I had $1,500 just laying around I'd be real tempted to just order it when they're back in stock. But That's a huge chunk for me, I had to save for a few months to buy the 560 lol. So I'll be waiting for reviews. It looks like everything has been improved a lot, so I'm anxious to see what people think of it. I know the 560/800/1050 owners are either 1-2 stars or 4-5 stars. They either love it (I do) or they have nothing good to say about MB. I don't see anybody who's in between.

I'm also curious about the new PID controller they use, the YT video I linked to mentions something about it's from the Kamado Joe and works a lot better. The controller on my 560 is awesome when it works. But the random connection drop with an alarm for no reason when I'm sleeping are pretty annoying lol.

Reactions: JLinza
Yeah same controller on the Konnected Joe Kamado and the Spider Grills venom. I have used it on my venom. It’s solid. Great connectivity.

Must have improved from earlier generations of Konnect. I have a KJ and looked into them a while back and the reviews weren't great.

Got the XT. Built like a tank. Very heavy and solid.

Need to get a few cooks in to give a proper review. First cook of ribs and a brisket was so so. Not enough smoke flavor (did chunks mixed in the hopper and some in ash pan that didn’t light). Going to try full vertical split surrounded by charcoal today and report back.

The new controller is amazing though.

Got the XT. Built like a tank. Very heavy and solid.

Need to get a few cooks in to give a proper review. First cook of ribs and a brisket was so so. Not enough smoke flavor (did chunks mixed in the hopper and some in ash pan that didn’t light). Going to try full vertical split surrounded by charcoal today and report back.

The new controller is amazing though.

On my 560, I got a better burn from wood in the ash pan by suspending on expanded metal, that was resting on a fire brick broken in half. Getting the wood up out of the ash and where more air can get around it, helped a lot.

And I added wood about every 15 to 30 minutes to the ash bin. I think the chunks in the hopper burn up pretty quick.

Reactions: eclipxe
I also add chunks to the firebox of my Assassin about that often, every 15 to 30 minutes.

MB firebox.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky