Maui Gold - one way of helping

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Buy Maui Gold pineapple.
The plantation was not hit by the fire, but some of their workers were displaced.
So help support Maui workers and have some fine eats at the same time.
Their shipped pineapples may not be as good as the ones you get on the island, but they sure beat the store bought pineapples.

P1050941.jpeg

P1050980.jpeg

P1050985.jpeg

P1050990 (1).jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P1050990.jpeg
    P1050990.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1
Nice thoughts Steve, but sadly retail sales dollars don't go back to the grower.
Once the produce is harvested, the middle man, distributor, and retailer are in control of the consumer price.

Reactions: DemonPit
Nice thoughts Steve, but sadly retail sales dollars don't go back to the grower.
Once the produce is harvested, the middle man, distributor, and retailer are in control of the consumer price.
Maybe you're right.
But I've been to the farm before, and it appears to be a relatively small operation, not Del Monte.
And the Maui Gold pineapples are ordered and shipped directly from the farm.
https://mauigold.com/

The web site also has a "Maui pledge" that states:
With every purchase of a Maui Gold Pineapple, we will donate to relief organizations providing aid. Your support will also help protect farm jobs, and pineapple production operations. Mahalo for your support.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRKsmoking
We support the islands by visiting them every year. It's like our (wishful) second home. Our last trip to Maui was about a mile away from the devastation.

My only hope is that the local residents are made whole and politicians and rich folk like Oprah don't take advantage of them and end up with all the land.

Reactions: DemonPit
Maui wowi is the new-new now! I have a few food truck owners I know, I'll pass this along to them. They use pineapple in a few of their dishes. Maybe they can order direct from them and have it shipped.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky