Had Some Fun Helping My Youngest Son

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I had some fun helping my youngest son today with his photography skills.
He is a budding photographer with strong interests in sports cars and bikes.

He doesn't currently charge for shoots as he is learning and can't guarantee results, he is honing his skills and building a portfolio.
But he does get some nice tips for his work.

Today he had some crotch rocket jockeys he knows who wanted pics, and who were willing subjects for him to hone his rolling pics skills.
He needed a driver and I was more than happy to oblige, and I had a great time doing it too.

He took several hundred pics and will spend the next week or so selecting the best and editing them, then he'll send them to the recipients.

I chose a few to share with y'all, here they are.
I'll share more after his selection and editing.

This first one, and several like it, are ones I look forward to seeing after some editing is done.

1000002455.jpg
1000002453.jpg
1000002454.jpg
1000002451.jpg
1000002452.jpg

Looked like a fun day on the road.

Nice to see and hear of a younger person finding an interest and really getting into it .
Especially one that could be a fun and prosperous one as a full time career.

( bonus for you being the getaway driver. )

David

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
That's a great career field if he chooses to continue.
He seesaws from pure hobby to possible career.
He also has college certificates in HVAC.
Right now he is a Fishing Outfitter for Bass Pro... He loves the job and it's perks, but knows it's not a career choice.

He's a rock solid 18yr'ol, no problems out of him whatsoever.
He'll do very well in whatever he chooses.

Looked like a fun day on the road.

Nice to see and hear of a younger person finding an interest and really getting into it .
Especially one that could be a fun and prosperous one as a full time career.

( bonus for you being the getaway driver. )

David
I had a blast driving for him.
We broke some minor traffic laws, but what the hey 😇😉

He's a great kid, and I couldn't be more proud of him.
Yep, this passion could pay the bills if he chose to pursue it as a business.

He also has college certificates in HVAC.
If he likes the work and doesn't mind the hours, this is what I'd recommend. I know several who retired in their 50's and are well off. A couple have multiple houses...home, 1 at the coast, and maybe 1 on a lake. But they worked hard for it, started their own companies and did well for themselves...

Reactions: chilerelleno
If he likes the work and doesn't mind the hours, this is what I'd recommend. I know several who retired in their 50's and are well off. A couple have multiple houses...home, 1 at the coast, and maybe 1 on a lake. But they worked hard for it, started their own companies and did well for themselves...
That was his plan, own his own hvac Co. by age 25.
Which is also why I keep pressing him to go back and finish his 4yr business degree.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Great pics! Amateur photo nut myself. Shot a few weddings/prom/and the like. Not so easy to do moving but bike photos are usually shot lower than eye level to create a larger than life perspective. Laying in truck bed maybe. Moving does not need be 70mph.

food photography.
Most of that is called "macro". No joke good friend of mine did all the Hot Pocket over shots during college. The steam is model train smoke LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky