Lasagna, Smoked Chicken Alfredo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Lasagna, Smoked Chicken Alfredo

I had some leftover smoked chicken and wanted to use it up for lunch.
Had a few ideas and started to make a chicken pirerogi casserole but it turned into a white lasagna after some peeking in the pantry.

3C Smoked Chicken, chopped
1C Celery, finely chopped
1C Sweet Onion, finely chopped
1C Bell Pepper, finely chopped
1T Garlic, minced
4T Butter
2t Sage, minced
2t Rosemary, crushed
Salt to taste
12 precooked Lasagna pasta
3C Alfredo sauce
2# Parmesan/Mozzarella cheese, sliced

Saute veggies and garlic in butter until onions are soft
Add chicken and herbs/Spices, saute for five minutes
Add in 1.5C of Alfredo sauce and mix well

Butter a 9x13 baking dish
Layer with 4pcs of lasagna and spread a thin layer of mixture
Layer of cheese on mixture
Repeat till dish is filled, 3-4 layers, last layer is reserved 1.5C of sauce and a generous layer of cheese.
Cover tightly with greased aluminum foil and bake at 375' for 45 minutes
Uncover and broil on high till a delicious golden brown develops on cheese

That's some cheesy goodness right there.  
icon14.gif

icon14.gif

Great looking lasagna! Ever try red and white? I really like beef that way I'm sure chicken would be good too.

Man, does that look good! I am doing some bacon-wrapped breasts this weekend. I think I need to get a couple extras & do this sometime during the week with the leftovers. Very nice!

Thank you, that recipe is a family favorite now.
So I held back a couple of the breasts I smoked Sunday & made this last night. I had only about 2-2.5 cups of chicken after chopping, so I made this in an 8X8 dish & used about 2/3 of the remaining ingredients. As for the sauce, I have to use my homemade Alfredo or the wife won't eat it, so I did that, too. Now it didn't look as "purdy" as yours, but man, did it taste good! I'm killing that last piece of it off this afternoon at work. I may even try it at some point with smoked shrimp instead of chicken, as we do a lot of shrimp here. Thank you for sharing this excellent recipe!

White Lasagna.jpg

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky