Mediterranean Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I usually make this with whole thighs, but bonelsss/skinless was what I had so here we go...
  • Large pack of B/S thighs. There were 14 in this pack
  • EVOO
  • Juice from 4-5 limes. I used 5 because I had them
  • 2-3 cups of white wine. I used Chardonnay because I had it
  • 1 quart unsalted chicken broth
  • 12 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped. I'm not a fan, but this amount does add something to this dish
Spice rub...
  • 2 tsp Spanish paprika
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 tsp seasoned salt
  • 2 TBSP garlic powder
Seasoned the thighs on all sides with the rub...
20240404_154603[1].jpg

Brown them in EVOO on both sides...
20240404_164120[1].jpg

After browning all the thighs, deglaze the pan with the wine and allow it to reduce. Then add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, add the lime juice and the garlic. Bring back to a boil and put the thighs back in and also the cilantro. Simmer this for a few minutes, cover, and put in a 375℉ oven for about 35-40 minutes. Remove and let it rest for a few minutes and if you like cilantro, you can garnish with more...
20240404_171441[1].jpg

I also made Greek potatoes...
  • 8 gold potatoes, quartered lengthwise
  • Juice from 3 lemons
  • 12 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 bunch of parsley, stems removed and chopped
  • 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
  • 8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
  • ½ cup EVOO plus a drizzle or so for the baking dish and potatoes
  • Copycat of Jane's Krazy Salt
I lightly coated a baking dish with some EVOO and spread the potato wedges out in a single layer as best I could. then drizzled them with some more EVOO. Next I dusted them with the krazy salt. Kind of stirred them around to make sure they were well coated. Here's the recipe I used...
20240409_184009[1].jpg

Meanwhile, I mixed the broth, lemon juice, EVOO, and garlic together in a bowl. poured this over the potatoes...
20240404_161118[1].jpg

20240404_165649[1].jpg

Covered and baked these at 400℉ for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil, scatter the parmesan cheese on, and bake another 15 minutes or until they start to brown. Garnish with the chopped parsley. I also served fresh roasted carrots...
20240404_184809[1].jpg

Time to eat...
20240404_185937[1].jpg

I'm not a fan of cilantro, but it does not hurt this dish. It actually works well with the fresh lime and lemon juices...

Nice Charles ! Looks great bud .

Me either . I'd have to leave it out , even though I respect your opinion . Lol .
Oh I get that. The recipe that I loosely followed called for twice that amount and I said, "Oh heck NO!!" 🤣

Looks great Charles, I could sit for a BIG plate of that.

If there is Limes or Lemons , I'm in

I am all about potatoes , and those sound great.

David
Thanks David. Yes, we like the twang that lemons and limes give certain dishes. Actually had some old friends over that had never had anything like this and he immediately wanted the recipe...

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's a fine looking meal Charles. Looks like you were on your feet in the kitchen for a long time, lot of steps involved, and well worth the time it all took! RAY

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
BAAAAMMM! Now that’s what I’m talking about Charles! If you’re not going to smoke it then bring the flavor, and I can see you did just that. Very nice work for sure.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky