Just had to try

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duckybud

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2011
Virginia Illinois
After reading about these I just had to try them. I used homemade breakfast sausage, baby bella mushrooms, green onions, fresh garlic, and a mixture of cheddar, motz, cream cheese and parm cheeses. Since none in the family except me likes any heat, I used the sweet red, yellow and orange peppers and my homemade bacon. Cut the tops off the peppers and seeded them, and stuffed tightly, wrapped with bacon sprinkled with Grizz pork rub and put into smoker heated to 250 and got the smoking tube filled, light and put in the mailbox to smoke away for 2 hours.

Finished shot:
DSC_0516.JPG

They tasted good but the peppers were still tough, and the bacon not quite done to my liking. Live and learn, next time I will try smoking for 3 hours. There will definitely be a next time.

Those look right tasty to me. I do like my poppers a little on the softer side, but I'm sure they were still killer.

Kudos for your effort and picture worthy poppers...or whatever name they might call them here.

I stopped making poppers years ago. It was just so much work and getting them perfect was hit or miss.

They look great, and thats the good thing about what we call mistakes, we can mostly eat them.

I also do the little sweet peppers , because of the heat for family members.
And practice practice makes a really full belly. lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky