It's a keeper!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning folks! I finally got a chance to try out that little tabletop smoker I bought a week or two ago.
IMG_20240615_091448999.jpg

Got her seasoned. And now bringing it up to 350 degrees. It overshot by ten degrees. Then dropped to 350. And stayed rock steady at it.

IMG_20240615_171318980.jpg

About 1.5 hours later. The thighs were done. They were simply seasoned with Kinders buttery poultry blend.
Pulled at 165. They were delicious! During the cook. The smoker stayed within 5 degrees plus or minus. And it was windy to boot. Quite impressed with this.

Morning folks! I finally got a chance to try out that little tabletop smoker I bought a week or two ago.
View attachment 698940

Got her seasoned. And now bringing it up to 350 degrees. It overshot by ten degrees. Then dropped to 350. And stayed rock steady at it.

View attachment 698941

About 1.5 hours later. The thighs were done. They were simply seasoned with Kinders buttery poultry blend.
Pulled at 165. They were delicious! During the cook. The smoker stayed within 5 degrees plus or minus. And it was windy to boot. Quite impressed with this.
was yours the Walmart onyx model. there seems to be a few on the interwebs,
TIA
Joh

Chicken looks awesome! Glad it's working great for you.

Ryan

Looks smoking good! Would you recommend the Kinders buttery poultry blend for chicken thighs, or just chicken in general? Would love to try it out

Looks smoking good! Would you recommend the Kinders buttery poultry blend for chicken thighs, or just chicken in general? Would love to try it out
I liked it. Ann. Not so much. I'll keep it on just chicken. I did run a few thighs with SPOG. And it got Ann's thumbs up. Really a nice little smoker.

Steve H Steve H , when chance a high heat test would be interesting for the little Pit Boss. I see the high setting, just wondering actual degree? Burger test ?

Congrats Steve. :emoji_thumbsup:
I've been eyeing those portable pellet grills for quite a while, since the ASmoke first came out. But, darn it, I can't own everything I want.

Steve H Steve H , when chance a high heat test would be interesting for the little Pit Boss. I see the high setting, just wondering actual degree? Burger test ?
I'll be searing some steaks this weekend. I'll let you know. The steaks I did on Father's day I just seared with the flame thrower.

Congrats Steve. :emoji_thumbsup:
I've been eyeing those portable pellet grills for quite a while, since the ASmoke first came out. But, darn it, I can't own everything I want.
Thanks! No. You can't. But it doesn't hurt to give it your all!!

Reactions: millerbuilds
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky