How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
While studying physics in college, I remember a wave vector as a function of a light and sound wave in Cal-Based Physics III (sight and sound). Basically, it's a combination of the two words and is used in theoretical papers concerning wave functions of many types. With Doppler Effect, the wave vector is represented by "k".

Being an electrician, I thought is was suitiable for me as a screen name.

I used to race stock cars, and every year we would have to put new fenders and other parts of the body on the car. It is called "skinning" or "tinning" the car. My cars were usually yellow, so when I had to come up with a name years ago for logons, I just used yellowtin.
By the way, I discovered how to make a small fortune in racing. Start with a large one!

I got my first computer a little more than a year ago and picked an email address. GUZZLINGOURMET.Cooking is my hobby and I like beer.I enjoy hunting and my woman bought a camo apron,oven mitt,and pot holder.I already had the hat and shirt.I said to her, at home I can be the guzzling gourmet,and at camp I can be the camo cook.I chose that for this forum.

SOme of these stories are great!! I had always tried to figure out some of the names and I never even came close!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa
tongue.gif

I was and still am a big fan of Michael Jordan, too bad he is still not playing, and I saw he had Air23 on one of his license plates, so I added the MJ and there you have it. A tribute to the greatest basketball player ever...JMHO. I love this website!!

I was thinking the same thing. I always had my thoughts about how different names came out and I have not been right yet...........well I think I did figure out FLA Griller. LOL

I figured you probably worked for Cisco.

I suppose mine is one of the simple ones. I AM a Geek! It's not an insult....that's the way God wired me.

Now the "0xDEADBEEF" thing under my signon, well, that's an old IBM thing you'll have to wikipedia. Again, very much Geek related.

Nice thread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky