How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Would have never thought about using my screen name until one guy at a bar I go to called me it. He didn't know my real name so called me by my haircut style. Hey Flattop !! and it's kinda stuck ever since.

Hold tight, this is a very long story;
I live in Florida
I like to Grill/Smoke
Whew, didn't mean to drag it out
biggrin.gif

Peculiar, MO, a city of about 5000 on the south edge of Kansas City.
I'm Mike, have been for 60 years, live just south of Peculiar.
Was just looking for something peculiar for a webname.
rolleyes.gif

My user name is an easy one to figure out.....better than "girl who lives in the country and raises horses and other animals too numerous to mention."
smile.gif

f8c5e6b7_vbattach15161.jpg

Once upon a time....... scratch that, I am far to "redneck" for that, You aint gonna beleive this sh.. but I was sittin around drinkin beer with my buddies and one of suggested we go to a local drag strip (had nothing better to do, so...) While there I contracted a terminal disease for which there is no cure, only weekly treatments
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
. DRAG RACING. It got so bad that while on the phone talking with a buddy I mentioned something about a guys car being "nitrous injected" and my wife popped off that I was NitrousInfected and that has been my screenname ever since.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

No big story here either, I've been in aviation all my life, it's my profession and first love followed by cooking, sailing, and now formerly brewing, pyrotechnics, writing and model aircraft. Not necessarily in that order.

I've had several private aircraft over the years, but my best airplane by far was a 1947 North American Navion designated N8874H. I flew that airplane for 12 years and took it from Oregon to Alaska, to Florida and throughout Mexico. I loved it and should never have sold it. But it just got too expensive and under this New "W" style post 9-11 Government, things became ridiculously draconian, authoritarian and restrictive. This aint the USA it used to be by any standard but I don't want this post to become my soapbox either so I'll just say I sold it and let that one go.

Anyway I used to fly with a really great bunch of friends and we would take long flights together going to air shows or go camping in remote places. Two of the other pilots were also named Jim, so I became NavionJim they became JimBeach and SenecaJim just to tell us apart when we were talking plane to plane enroute somewhere. The nicknames stuck even on the ground, and I started using it as my on-line user name on-line years ago too. It's been with me ever since. I'll probably wear it forever now.

Reactions: byronwahl
I must agree, this really is a great thread. It is young and will only grow as more members find out about it. Too much good stuff to memorize, so well be referred to very often.

For me, my name came from my boat. Living on the west coast of Oregon, I spend a lot of time, in and on the ocean. I have a 41 foot ocean boat. It is an ex commercial fishing boat, that we took out of the Canadian fishing fleet. We ran her down the strait to the ocean and then on down to Oregon. She has been completely reconditioned for family recreation. When we bought her, we named her “Pescaderoâ€. Sort of a Spanish slang for “Fish Mongerâ€. We spend a lot of time off shore for Salmon, Halibut, Tuna, ocean crabbing etc. I just found myself taking on the name, as I spend much of leisure my time boating or diving for seafood, of one type or another. Everyone just considers me a “Fish Mongerâ€.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

Skip

well here's my story...
i used to move around quite a bit & travel a lot & our commercial fishing boat was named "gypsy rose" (after the original burlesque dancer gypsy rose lee)- so thats the gypsy part.
seagod- well,since there a million gypsys listed on the internet(this was back around aol version 3 whatever year that was) and i am an old seadog.. long story short- i typo'd. but in the first forum i was on so many people thought it cool or funny well it just stuck.
p.s. i've been waiting on mother ocean or poseidon to call me on it ever since....
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky