How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Randy I swear your my long lost twin or something we do this to offen! I must be the shorter twin!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Meowey that's so sweet! Poor kitty I didn't know they could get diabetties.

Darn, this was going to be my next great thread idea
icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL, no problem. Well, i am a professional photographer and when I finally escaped the stress captial of the USA and moved to this quaint little fishing villiage with a drinking problem, my neighbor took to calling me "Flash" and it has stuck.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

PigCicles??? What's that? Where did that name come from? I still hear it, in between being called PigCircles (right Terry?
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
) My name is a spin off from pork ribs. Kind of like popcicles only with pig. Pig on a stick even. At work I've been called Smokin Joe for years.. but I figured the name was taken here (but wasn't at the time) so I got to thinking about something I liked. I have heard them called that for years so I gave it a shot... the rest is history.

Pretty simple really. I went to my first Dallas Stars game in 1993 at Reunion Arena. I was hooked on hockey from that moment on. Stars are by far my favorite team, and I live in Denver. During the 99-00 seasons, Dallas beat the CO Avalanche back to back years for the conference finals, so I took on the StarsFaninCO net name on some of the local forums I frequented. It's just stuck.

KE

step-n-fetch-it, aka stevemck (thanks Jeff!!). Growing up we did lots of fishing and hunting and always had tons of folks at the house. Our philosophy was - make yourself at home or go home. If you want something, you had better "step-n-fetch-it" 'cause we are not going to wait on you... and it stuck with all the friends. Where are your going? - We are going to "Step-n-fetch-it" to see the gang.... More sentimental than anything...

Well on my name it is actually my youngest son's nickname. Back when he was a toddler he was so tiny we called him Tadpole. He just couldn't gain any weight and until he was 15 years old we thought he was going to be a dwarf person at 5'6" and about 110 pounds. When he turned 18 years old he shot up to 6' and now weighs 260 pounds. We renamed him Chadpole. This was his computer until he moved out and I kept his e-mail name for all my forums and correspondence. The rest is history as they say! LOL

Stars fan - I'm in MN - You're welcome. Mr Green, who took the team to Dallas is a horses you know what up here
icon_mrgreen.gif

StringCheese - My oldest son got me a bunch of their music. Not bad stuff.

My name? - well most of the time I'd would.

Well, one New Year's Eve while waiting for midnight to roll around...so that tell's you something right there...my brother-in-law and father-in-law and I were discussing the virtues of a good gin & tonic while on the beach at City Island, just outside of NYC. The beach on City Island is a huge party spot on any holiday, night or day, warm or cold. We started discussing how rappers got their handles. I don't really remember how I got mine, but my 'bro-in-law" Gerry had gone to the AirStream factory in Ohio while visiting "Grandpa Bob" the previous summer. We were thinking about trademarking them, just to see if we could get some royalties in the future; he's in the advertising business and does trademarks all the time. We even had hats with our handles on them made up. So we ended up:
Kew-el-S
A-stream-G
gee-paw-B

Bob passed away 5 years ago last month. He was quite a guy. Very unassuming, but he was a bombadier in the Asian theater during WW2 and worked for the DoD for 42 years afterwards at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton. Ran procurement for the midwest out there. Had 750 people working for him when he retired. Went in one day, and figured out that the difference between staying and taking his pension was $0.25 per hour; full benefits either way. Gave his notice that day. They retired him as a 2-star general for all he did. He also was a scout-master for 25 years. At his funeral not only did a bunch of former scouts show up, but the Airforce did full colors and a fly-over with 4 F-16's. I use some variation of Kew-el in my passwords, usernames, handles, etc. to remember that time and him.

BTW, glued2it, I agree that Wally Parks was quite a guy. NHRA good. Sanctioned drag racing not on streets good. Big horsepower good. Nitromethane good. Now if I could get the smells of smoking and nitro exhaust together...hmmmmm...the stuff that dreams are made of.

Heh...used to be ANY team that beat the Avs was allright by me. Now the Avs have just sunk soo far into the depths of mediocrity it's lost it's shine to see 'em get beat. Ahhh the '97 and '98 seasons... THAT was Hockeytown. Sadly enough, it appears our local government and certain biz interests have seen to it that no one can afford to go to games any more.

Go WINGS!

mine is a nickname I got half a life ago for drinking all day in Cancun, and my buddies had to carry me to my room that night (techically the next morning) on a hand truck. When I got an AOL acoount I just assumed it would be taken so I changed the spelling, and it also matched exactly how the boys from Brooklyn would pronounce it.

Reactions: garrapy
No big story here, just got called Fatback one day and it stuck.........My kids even call me that sometimes. LOL

In the military I was "Sideshow Joe" since idle time (and there was a lot of it) usually involved me providing some source of entertainment, often resulting in injury.
icon_redface.gif
...........that in conjunction with tattoos and piercings resulted in Sideshow Joe.............but these days it is just Fatback.

Reactions: garrapy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky