Homemade Pastrami - first time attempting to make it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zeke2024

Original poster
Feb 11, 2024
Well, Here goes. I just placed the meat on my rig.

It is set at 270 and I'm gonna let it roll for about 3 hours. I'll post progress pics throughout the cook

Attachments

• PastramiPrep.jpg
    PastramiPrep.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 16
Yeah. I took the easy route for my first try. It is a 4+ pound piece.
Ain't nothing wrong with that! BUT if it's salty just know that next time you can soak some of that salt out or buy a piece of beef and we will more than happily help you though it. You don't have to do brisket, a lean chuck makes good corned beef/pastrami (pulled is how I like it) and a top round makes an ok one if you like it leaner.

Ain't nothing wrong with that! BUT if it's salty just know that next time you can soak some of that salt out or buy a piece of beef and we will more than happily help you though it. You don't have to do brisket, a lean chuck makes good corned beef/pastrami (pulled is how I like it) and a top round makes an ok one if you like it leaner.
I placed it in waters 18 hours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky