GMG attachment: top not cooking quickly

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fMD87

Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have the GMG pizza attachment on my Camp Chef 24 dlx. Overall it works well and didn't require any mods. However, I've found that the bottom of the pizza cooked way before the top with stone temps from 400 to 800F. Has anyone encountered this and anyone have a good fix? I've found keeping the stone at 600F and using a pizza screen after the bottom is done is helpful. Cranking up the temp after getting the stone to temp to try to cook the too faster didn't help much. I'm considering drilling some bigger jokes in the side and maybe the back of the attachment to let more air flow through.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_182550.jpg
    IMG_20200612_182550.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 10
Instead of taking a destructive drill, just try whatever amount of aluminum foil works to dissipate a bit of the heat on the bottom. That way you can direct it more towards the top.

but honestly if I could make a pizza in a pellet smoker that would satisfactory and then have to throw it in the oven broiler for a few minutes to finish the top, I would still consider that a win

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Not following how you'd work the foil. I don't know. An Ooni isn't much more expensive and they cook the top of your pizza. I don't think it's unreasonable to have an attachment that cooked the top too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky