Alerts Not Clearing Out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No carousal, but my alerts are still working.

Chris

Ok, something is definitely awry here. I got my first email notification today. Even though I have them turned off.

Chris

Reactions: Bearcarver
Ok, something is definitely awry here. I got my first email notification today. Even though I have them turned off.

Chris
That's only right !
Since those of us who want to be notified are not getting notified, it stands to reason, since you don't want them, you should be getting them.

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222 and gmc2003
Hi. I am running into the same problem. I am unable to remove all of My Alerts. I click on the box, and click ALL READ but they still remain. I tried several times, but nothing seems to work. any help would be appreciated

Thanks

The thing is, I'm getting Alerts for threads and posts I'm not even "watching" nor did I post in.
If you guys are "following" lots of people, you get an Alert everytime they post anything

I am having this issue. Everyday I wake up to all the same alerts I cleared the day before : (

Anything I can do to fix this?

Try clicking on the Alert bell icon at the top, then in the lower left corner of the dropdown, click on "Select All"

This should bring up a page showing all of your alerts.

Scroll to the very bottom and click on the "Select all" checkbox

In the drop down select "Mark Read" then click on "Go"

That should remove all alerts from your account. We can then see if those stay gone or show back up.

Let me know how this goes..

Try clicking on the Alert bell icon at the top, then in the lower left corner of the dropdown, click on "Select All"

This should bring up a page showing all of your alerts.

Scroll to the very bottom and click on the "Select all" checkbox

In the drop down select "Mark Read" then click on "Go"

That should remove all alerts from your account. We can then see if those stay gone or show back up.

Let me know how this goes..
Hi Jeff,

I tried this and they reappeared after a few hours.

I'm maybe jinxing myself, but I've had no problems.
I click the bell icon and go to the first page on the list. I scroll the whole page and when I go back to Home they've gone away. I click the bell again and repeat until it's cleared out.

I tried this and they reappeared after a few hours.
Here's something to check .
Click on the bell icon
At the bottom of the drop down window choose preference
It should take you to " On viewing alerts page "
Review the choices / see whats checked . I have it all unchecked , but make sure " Persistent alerts " is unchecked
May or may not be your trouble , but that fixed mine from reappearing .

Here's something to check .
Click on the bell icon
At the bottom of the drop down window choose preference
It should take you to " On viewing alerts page "
Review the choices / see whats checked . I have it all unchecked , but make sure " Persistent alerts " is unchecked
May or may not be your trouble , but that fixed mine from reappearing .
Thank you - checked and that was not the issue.

CLeared them all this morning and within a couple hours all 4 pages reappeared starting with Nov 1

Dumb question Dave, but did you save your changes?

Chris

OK, I guess I'm not understanding the problem. Is it because after someone has read an alert it stays in their alert history? When the alert icon shows new posts I read them and the alerts go away. No new emails, either.
The way I see it, if SMF wants to store alerts back to the beginning of time that's their problem, as long as I don't get alerts for things I've already read, which I don't.

Dumb question Dave, but did you save your changes?

Chris
Good point, I didn’t change the settings, they were set correctly, but I didn’t hit save. So i did that just in case it help “reset or fix” the issue…. Stay tuned.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky