WSM and Temperature Probes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
Okay, so I bought some of those grommets that replace the bolts throught the side of the WSM that allow you to insert a temperature probe into the chamber.  My thought was that these would be useful for using the temperature probes for insertion in butts and briskets.  One big problem....all of the temperature probes are bent at a 90 degree angle and won't go through the grommet.  What the hell?  Can someone tell me where I can find some straight probes?  I've been searching the internet and specialty shops with no luck.  Is there just no other way to measure the meat temp than to run the probe through the top vent?

Thanks,

Bill

You don't need straight probes...really...

Do a quick search about WSM mods and you will learn a good bit..

Have a great day!!

Craig

Sheesh---Never thought of that.

Are those grommets so tight that you can't rotate the probe through the bend?

Maybe I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Bear

Are these the eyelets from BBQ Guru, and what kind of probe are you using. The BBQ Guru website has this note at the bottom.

NOTE: The Maverick ET-732 has a larger probe and does NOT fit through the eyelet holes.  

I can't remember if it was BBQ Guru or not.  I do remember that the site sold all sorts of add-ons for the WSM.  I'm using Taylor thermometers and they just won't go through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky