WOW!! TX Jalapeno & Cheddar Sausage Sammie (W/ Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Well I did it again. I went and made something that's just too good not to share. Recently I posted pics and a recipe for my TX Jalapeno and Cheddar Sausage, the base recipe I got here from another member of the forum. Got a couple links out the other night and made sammies for the wife and I. All I can say is WOW!! They were simply amazing.

Links on the grill in the center with only the left and right burners lit. No direct heat that may cause a fat out
IMG_20180317_175414.jpg

Cook up some onions and green peppers with a little olive oil and a dusting of cayenne
IMG_20180317_175224.jpg

I cheated on the cheese but thought the flavors of the queso blanco would work well with the sausage. Turned out to be a really good guess
IMG_20180317_175327.jpg

Sausage done and on a lightly grilled roll. I'm sorry but I have no words to describe this. Please click the thumbnail to enlarge the pic and see the juiciness of the sausage and melted goodness from the cheese.
IMG_20180317_181731.jpg

Add the veggies, top with queso blanco, then back on the grill to heat everything through and melt the cheese a bit
IMG_20180317_182100.jpg

Money shot. This was SOOOO good!!
IMG_20180317_183412.jpg

I also did some hand cut fries cooked in the air fryer but at this point I was ready to eat and didn't think to take another pic. I'm sure everybody can use their imagination to add the fries to the plate :-)

I know that recently I've been inundating the forum with posts, pics and recipes. If anybody is getting tired of the nonsense I'm posting please just let me know. I promise I won't be offended and I'll go slither back under my rock for a while. It's just that since starting to make sausage a few months ago, so many doors have opened up to be creative....both with making the actual sausage and what can be done with it preparing meals afterward. It's become a passion for me and I've been enjoying sharing with my extended family here on SMF.

Looking for my rock,
Robert

Don't worry about over-posting. It gives others idea's as it did you. BTW your sausage sammie looks really good.

Point for sure.

Chris

That's some good looking sausage!
And your sandwich looks delicious!
Great job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Looks great..... is the recipe on the forum ? That is something I would like to try as well.
Congrats on the carousel ride.

"Looks great..... is the recipe on the forum ? That is something I would like to try as well."

Yes, it was posted here recently. If I did this correctly, here is the link to my original thread with pics and recipe. Please note however that I did not have high temp cheese at the time. I just used high quality extra shapr cheddar from the grocery store, but it still worked out well.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/my-take-on-tx-jalapeno-cheddar-sausage.273322/

Hope this helps,
Robert

Looks awesome!
Your post sausage post a while back brought to my attention the kind of Jalapeno sausage recipe I was looking for.
When I make sausage again I'm going to do my homework with your post and the original recipe. I figure I'll get exactly what I'm looking for and hopefully they look as good as your and taste as good as what you explain :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky