Wiring assistance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wiring step complete! Do I just put the temp drone from the PID on the bottom as shown?
And what’s the little thing in the bag?
No instructions came with this thing.
Thanks again
Timber
Nice job on wiring!

As for the temp probe, drop it down the top vent and run along the back of the smoker.
Come from the back and underneath the bottom rack and clip it on the Underside of the bottom rack in the same spot. You can then put a little piece of foil over the rack where it is to keep the probe and clip from getting dripped on :D
(This is if you plan on setting the Auber on top of the smoker. If you have the Auber off to the side then you can run the wire the same way as in the pic just put it on the Underside of the rack and make sure the wire will not come into contact with the heating element or burning pellets and u are good as well)

That will get you going with the probe for sure and you can always think on if/how you want to change it in the future.

Yep as zwiller zwiller noted, your PDF version of the instructions are on that little flash drive.
I would suggest you DON'T read those instructions and instead follow the simplified ones here haha:

You can always wipe that flash drive and use it for saving/transferring any files in the future too, so nice to have around :D

Reactions: Timber II
Looks good chopsaw
That hardware came from under the stock MES controller . If your smoker has the meat temp probe , you'll have the hardware too . The Auber probe can be pulled as far into the smoker as I want , but I leave it where it is for the most part . Nice and clean that way . I was never a fan of dropping down the vent . Just preference . Nothing wrong doing it that way .
nice euro mount back there too….I do all mine like that also.
That and the other 2 came out of St. James . Pheasant is from Iowa .
I'm slowly working on putting this together . Kind of lost interest . To hard going up and down the ladder . I was buying the dried foliage ( $$$$ ) and realized I'm going to have a yard full of free stuff soon . So I can get it finished up
20220829_134056.jpg
I have remote control dimmable light up there that throws a shadow . Looks pretty cool at night .
20220829_133019.jpg

Here’s part of my basement
Nice . Got some great racks there . Where I was hunting there are a lot of basket racks . Nobody wanted to shoot them , but I said we needed to cull them out . Place was really Doe heavy , so I was mostly taking a Doe .
Then we started culling the older bucks with the small racks to get them out of the gene pool . Then came the 4 point rule . Took about 3 years , but that really paid off .

Ok, between hunting and life things like the water heater quitting I have managed to follow tallbm’s detailed write up and got my PID programmed. Used chopsaws PID values 7,208,210,as mine is also a mes 30. I plug my reworked smoker to the PID and the PID to the wall and that’s it?? It just runs what ever temp I put in? And then I’ll just increase the temps every hr or so per a normal SS smoke?
Thanks again boys I’m gettin closer

Reactions: tallbm
then I’ll just increase the temps every hr or so per a normal SS smoke?
Yes , or you can program the steps in it to increase on it's own .
Press set
C-1 = cook 1 . Enter a temp to start
Press set again
T-1 = Time for the first step in minutes . Set a time
Press set again
C-2 = cook 2 . Enter a step up temp
T-2 enter the time for the second step , and so on .
As many steps as you want . Sausage I stop at 165 , looking for an internal temp of 152 .
I usually start at 120 for a couple hours
Then 140 for a couple hours
Then 160 to finish . Sometimes I'll force it over the finish line by bumping the temp up , but I keep an eye on it so it doesn't fat out .

Also , It's a good idea to cycle it off , then back on after you set at the steps .

Ok, between hunting and life things like the water heater quitting I have managed to follow tallbm’s detailed write up and got my PID programmed. Used chopsaws PID values 7,208,210,as mine is also a mes 30. I plug my reworked smoker to the PID and the PID to the wall and that’s it?? It just runs what ever temp I put in? And then I’ll just increase the temps every hr or so per a normal SS smoke?
Thanks again boys I’m gettin closer
Sorry to hear about the water heater.

Yep basically that's it. Along with having the PID temp probe inside the smoker to read the smoker temp, you just enter the temp into the PID and you are off to the races! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky