Wiring assistance

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Timber II

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 15, 2023
Swamp east Missouri
Ok my wires look a little different so can ya confirm what I think is correct?
30” masterbuilt digital

From all the pics tallbm has posted and through his detailed explanation I think I should connect white to black. And then blue to red. Yes?
Thanks again all, I’m excited to make this thing a Cadillac
Timber

Attachments

• IMG_3886.jpeg
    IMG_3886.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 32
Looks like all 4 of your wires are coming from the same hole zwiller?
Thanks for posting
CORRECT; Happy it matches up for you! I recall the wire colors did not match Tall's writeup. No problem for me as I am pretty familiar with wiring and electronics and tested with my meter when I did it. From memory, the white and black wires are the cord (power) and the red and blue from the element (heat).

Reactions: Timber II
Ok my wires look a little different so can ya confirm what I think is correct?
30” masterbuilt digital

From all the pics tallbm has posted and through his detailed explanation I think I should connect white to black. And then blue to red. Yes?
Thanks again all, I’m excited to make this thing a Cadillac
Timber
zwiller zwiller has you covered.
It's always black smooth to a braided wire (red of blue in your case) and then white smooth to the other braided wire. That's it :D

Wiring step complete! Do I just put the temp drone from the PID on the bottom as shown?
And what’s the little thing in the bag?
No instructions came with this thing.
Thanks again
Timber

Attachments

• IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3917.jpeg
    IMG_3917.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky