Winter Smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Phil Weiler

Original poster
Dec 31, 2017
Live in MN, it is currently -9 degrees. Smoker came to temp very nicely, now gonna smoke some shrimp for apetizer!

Reactions: KCowTown
Shrimp were great!!! I grill all year long, first time smoking at these temps

Your awesome man, smoking when the temp is that cold.
I bet your shrimp were fantastic!!
Al

now we turn to ribs on thursday, temp should be around 1 degrees. i have an electric smoker, think 4 racks are too much for the temperature?

I can totally relate! I also live in Mn and was smoking food on in this freezing weather ! The other day I had a pork butt smokin -16! Feels like was -24! My smoker ran like a champ and I ran to the smoker and ran back to the house haha sooo cold

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a nice sunny chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky