Holiday greetings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jkcon90

Original poster
Dec 23, 2023
New member from Washington state to this site but I have been smoking about 8 years now. I am still a novice compared to most as I usually smoke jerky and fresh salmon, I also smoke steaks and pork ribs through the year.
Wife is not a fan of fat or what she refers to as "icky flavor pockets", so I have not done any brisket before.
Found this site while looking for a new jerky recipe, made it up and currently have 7.5 lbs in a marinade.
Anyway, looking forward to expanding my knowledge here.
Oh yeah, currently have a Pit Boss pellet smoker, just replaced the Transfer smoker I bought back in
Thanks
John

Welcome to the site John, you can still do a brisket and keep your wife happy. The flat doesn't really have the icky flavor pockets.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks everyone.
Chris, I might just have to try a brisket anyway, they are delicious.

When I do a rib roast she puts a couple cereal boxes around my plate so she doesn't have to see the fat on the edge, lol.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Mississippi! Post up your cooks and pics. And we don’t mind looking at the “icky fat”!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky