Wings….OH ………WINGS!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So the wife informed me that she wanted an easy dinner today and said I could do wings…….

So started with 3 packages of the Costco wing packs they sell. I dust these with corn starch and work it in really good then a heavy coating of a modified Jeff’s Org rub (Ie for those that have his recipe, I add 50% more of the key spice ingredients, 2 Tbsp of raw sugar and 2 Tbsps of powered butter) and then I let them set up a bit….
A218F204-0077-419C-874B-E7B408B778C4.jpeg

I do this on the upper rack of the Weber…..wings oh wings!
AEF43E01-5EB7-4532-8D31-47A8F88D0920.jpeg

I run all 4 burners at mid temp and that keeps the chamber right at 375-390…
9FEF0B90-1792-4251-9033-CC0C2736651F.jpeg

I turn them about 15-18 mins in…..
9FD37632-ED5F-40BB-B294-B7283F5FF299.jpeg

I continue to rotate them to get a nice even roast….I take them to an INT of 200 which is about 35 mins on the heat…..this renders the fat and gives them a nice crispy skin….
A427E9A3-C8C1-4702-BDAC-1730E8C326DA.jpeg

Bingo……
78695CED-8F21-4EFA-9FEF-1DF325532CD2.jpeg

Man this just brings a smile to my face!!!
59E4FACB-E97E-488A-929B-53D6728FB5C5.jpeg

Had to have an easy side so that was a good old salt crusted Idaho russet!
2778F753-02C5-4EA4-89E3-24113AFF26CB.jpeg

The easy dinner plate of wings and potato’s (topped with cheese, ranch, bacon, & GO)
4B519C57-914B-4167-9E8E-F1706ABF54E5.jpeg

Wings…..OH……….WINGS money!
08B89788-E22A-480D-9F76-BCF40F677A96.jpeg

So the wife informed me that she wanted an easy dinner today and said I could do wings…….

So started with 3 packages of the Costco wing packs they sell. I dust these with corn starch and work it in really good then a heavy coating of a modified Jeff’s Org rub (Ie for those that have his recipe, I add 50% more of the key spice ingredients, 2 Tbsp of raw sugar and 2 Tbsps of powered butter) and then I let them set up a bit….
View attachment 668808

I do this on the upper rack of the Weber…..wings oh wings!
View attachment 668809
I run all 4 burners at mid temp and that keeps the chamber right at 375-390…
View attachment 668821
I turn them about 15-18 mins in…..
View attachment 668810
I continue to rotate them to get a nice even roast….I take them to an INT of 200 which is about 35 mins on the heat…..this renders the fat and gives them a nice crispy skin….
View attachment 668811
Bingo……
View attachment 668812
View attachment 668813
Had to have an easy side so that was a good old salt crusted Idaho russet!
View attachment 668815

The easy dinner plate of wings and potato’s (topped with cheese, ranch, bacon, & GO)
View attachment 668814
Wings…..OH……….WINGS money!View attachment 668816
Great looking wings.

Yes sir! Cant beat that! Love me some Costco wings!! Seems like those packs of 6 are a little smaller than they used to be though...

Yes sir! Cant beat that! Love me some Costco wings!! Seems like those packs of 6 are a little smaller than they used to be though...
Thanks BDoc! Only recently have I seen them in our Costco so I can’t say, but they are perfect size for our fam! We can eat all 6 before the date…..the above as 3 of the 6 packs…..

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Dadgum it those wings look fabulous Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

Oh man, hell yeah!
I'd love to smash a dozen of those wings.
Thanks chiler! I’ll set a place in the oven to keep them warm for ya!
Those wings look awesome. I'll take a couple dozen please. 👍
Much appreciated jax! Might have wrestle cheer for the plate but we could sell tickets and buy more wings! Lol
Dadgum it those wings look fabulous Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris! I’ve been working on my wings in the new Weber to get them right…..bingo I’m a happy camper now!

Wow...and I mean WOW!! The wings look fantastic but that plated shot is off the charts. Man that looks amazing. I sure wish my wife would say it was OK to cook wings, but alas, that's not going to happen. Excellent looking meal my friend.
Make that two of us :emoji_wink:

Robert

That plate is pure money! Looks mighty good.

Jim
Many thanks Jim! There was some change and I gobbled them up for lunch today!
Wow...and I mean WOW!! The wings look fantastic but that plated shot is off the charts. Man that looks amazing. I sure wish my wife would say it was OK to cook wings, but alas, that's not going to happen. Excellent looking meal my friend.

Make that two of us :emoji_wink:

Robert
Much appreciated Robert! My wife is a real fan of many smoked items but wings are one of those things she enjoys. These have become a staple at the house over the past two months since Costco started stocking them!
Be you tee full! Perfect color with a touch of char. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks Colin! I have experimented with the char and found that the 375 to 395 gives the right amount, if it goes too much above 400, the char becomes over kill......under and not enough.
Awesome wing plate!
Many thanks aj
The hell with the taters, give me those wings!! They are fantastic looking!
Thanks Steve! Oh an Idaho russet is the bomb to, plus need a balanced meal right?

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky