Who's cooking chicken wings for Super Bowl Sunday?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I smoked 62 wings for 90 minutes at 275F (had in smoker with other meat) with a double row burn of my AMNPS using 50% Pit Boss Competition Blend and 50% perfect pellet Hickory (100% Hickory pellets).

After the 90 minutes I then put the wings on the hot grill and finished cooking them. They came out very good.
This was for my cousin's 18yr birthday and he wanted hot wings. He was amazed at the flavor of smoked hot wings!
I have to say I was quite impressed with how they came out.

I think I can totally improve on the smoke flavor by doing either a cold smoke for 2-2.5 hours or low heat smoke for the same time still applying the double smoke and then finishing on the grill.

I have 3/4 of a hot wing sauce bottle to use up so I see some more wing experimenting in the future! :)

68FF7651-AE70-427C-A8CD-D12AC8726584.jpeg
I am getting close to be done with 40lbs of wings now. Here’s a pic of 28lbs when I put them on. I’ll post another pic once I go back outside.

8486D71A-1B30-43A4-963A-FB98F249AB65.jpeg
A42E322D-7988-4354-8717-180F43B732C8.jpeg
Here’s all 40lbs of wings right before I took them off the smoker. About 160-180 Wings. They were soooo good. Used strictly pecan and smoked for about 2.5 hrs. Only put my rub on them, no sauce. Really let’s the pecan enhance the chicken. Tried to keep temps around 250 but first cook on new smoker so still have learn where it likes to run. Enjoy the pic!

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky