Whats your favorit scotch, rye, whisky or burbon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm a Jim Beam drinker. Really enjoy the 7 year, especially on the rocks. Defiant is good. . It is a small distillery in North Carolina that makes a great Whisky that goes good on the rocks.

My all times favorite is Scottish single malt. Namely - Glenmorangie. They have the "extra matured" series, and I especially enjoy the Quinta Ruban, extra matured in port casks. Very smooth, with chocolate hints, and a treat indeed.

Another single malt I got addicted to lately is the Ardbeg. This one comes from Islay, where the soil is very rich with peat, and their whiskey is very smoky and has an absolutely unique taste, that goes damn well with smoked meat :)

My go to is Crown Royal, but I will try anything. Lately I have been sipping on the Apple Pie Shine. I like trying the different whiskeys from the Texas distillers. Rebeccas Creek is some pretty good sipping. Always straight up, no water, no ice.

I keep my whiskey in the freezer at -5 degrees. 

Currently working on some Larceny and Knob Creek Single Barrel, really good especially for their price points.

Tangle Ridge 10 year old blended Canadian whiskey. You've got to try it. Super deal for the money. I can't believe it isn't more popular. My local liquor store special ordered it for somebody, and I noticed it when I was restocking my bar after an extended visit by my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and gave it a try. Straight, on the rocks or mixed, it works however you like it.

Well , when I was drinking , my choice was a good Rum (Bacardi ) , but of the choices given , I'd go with Jack Daniels Black Label . But every time I indulged in that brand I would get into deep trouble
devil.gif

My drin of choice now is Coffee.
icon_cry.gif

Have fun and . . .l

I'm not much of a bourbon drinker but Maker's is tasty now and then.

Not a fan of rye at all

My favorite whisky is Benromach Cask Strength or Benromach 2003 Origins 4 (aged in Port barrels). The 2003 is getting scarce to find but man it's good, especially if you like sweet and peat in the same bottle.

Wild Turkey 101, preferably in a clean glass.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Makers Mark seems to be popular here but I won't drink it.  It smells like a rising loaf of bread dough (Since it's a wheated bourbon this makes sense.) and it seems so weak/thin and lacking in character.  To each his/her own.

Someone mentioned Bacardi.  Try some Myers's Rum.  It makes Bacardi seem like your drinking rubbing alcohol.

Last edited:
Favorite bourbon - Elijah Craig Single Barrel, but of the stuff I get free I prefer Knob Creek for sipping straight and Basil Hayden for making Old Fashioneds.

Favorite scotch - Laphroaig.

I also love JD but it's neither a scotch nor a bourbon.

Jim Beam makes a Booker Noe (130proof) that is great. Have to be careful because it is smooth for the proof that it is.

I will stick to Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, or the Auchentoshan Triple Wood :)

Love those highland singles... The Quinta Ruban has a finish in port casks, and the Auchentoshan is just very special.

Ed

Funny that so many of us like the Laphroaig... There's something about it's smoky, peaty flavor that I just adore.  Anything from the Laphroaig family is fine with me.

Other than that one, I'm good for most any of the Islay single-malts, with the exception of Talisker, which is too aggressive for me.

As far as bourbon goes, I'm Old School: I. W. Harper or nothing.

Which usually means 'nothing' since they stopped making Harper's more than 20 years ago.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky