Whats going on the Smoker this upcoming weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Since I took last weekend off of bbq, I have been looking forward to this upcoming weekend all week. Finally got the menu set for Saturday(just gonna smoke on Saturday not Sunday).

Im doing:

- BB ribs, or spares depending what looks best at the store tonight. Spares are on sale for $1.49/lb, but I really want some BB's after seeing some recent posts on SMF.

- Beans, if I get spares Ill add the skirt in, if not some bacon, and summer sausage as well as chopped onion, garlic, and green pepper. Also apple pie filling

- ABT's: jalapenos stuffed with summer sausage, and cheddar, wrapped in bacon

- boneless pork loin Ill smoke on Saturday for some sandwiches Sunday. I am going to uses a wet rub with brown sugar, cherry peppers, black pepper, and cinnamon, should be good.

tonight I am going to whip together my rub, and be all ready for Saturday morning

what are other folks smoking this weekend?

Tomatoes, just had a hard freeze last night so I had to pick them all last night. The red ones are getting halved and thrown in the smoker, then after a few hours into the dehydrator, viola, smokey sundried tomatoes.
I think I will also grab a butt at the grocery store and try it on the ECB.

sundried tomatoes..., that sounds really good.

Not this weekend but on the 10th will be doing a butt for pulling. Prep injection on Thursday. Trim and rub on Friday. Rerub and smoke on Saturday.

Also going to try Eggs, though I haven't done them yet so I may do a dry run this weekend to see how they come out since I am going to have company on the 10th.

Will make sure to put up qview.

Well I am going to attempt to smoke a few racks of pork ribs and some chicken on Friday night. For the past two years I have been using a gas grill. Years ago I used charcoal but I must say that I was not that good. The gas grill has taught me how to cook now I really want to smoke! I bought a Brinkman smoker and a stack of pecan wood...LOL. Wish me luck!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

good luck,
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

all the info, and tips you need are right here on SMF.

No plans for this weekend but I'm sure something will get smoked as long as the weather is good.
Yesterday I did a 12lb packer and turned the entire thing into burnt ends (15 hour total smoke) along with 1 and a half dozen eggs and some chicken quarters using Tip's injection.
Still need to post the brisket from yesterday.
Oh! I just remembered, decided to see what would happen if I cured and smoked a veal breast into pastrami, need to steam it and slice it up and see how it turned out.

Downstatesmoker, good luck on the eggs, they are easy and delicious, I nromally bring right from fridge to smoker and do @ 225 for 2- 2 1/2 hours.

Thanx for the tip! Do you find the egg yolk goes green on you for that long in the smoker? It's curious to me that eggs will cook at about the same temp (boiling) in 10 minutes or so yet we will smoke them for 2-2 1/2 hours. Do they get overcooked I guess is what I am fishing for.

They can easily overcook but I have found that about 2 hours in the smoker and they usually don't develop that green/gray color around the outside of the yolk. Also as soon as I take them off the smoker I put them in cold water to stop their internal cooking.
I don't eat the eggs like they are I either make deviled eggs or egg salad out of them so even if there is a little of that off color once they get mixed up you can't tell.

4 RACKS RIBS,16 THIGHS,2 BUTTS AND 2 BRISKET.

Competing at front royal,virginia KCBS.Only 1 comp after this week.Only did 10 this year............

Headed north to check on my property in november-can not wait.......And to stop posting om forum for awhile-this place is addictive-smile

Myself I have turkey legs for tomorrow night, and some Sriracha Asian Smoked Wings chicken wings for Saturday afternoon. Sunday I might grab something last minute to do, perhaps a chuckie again.

Last weekend I trimmed, sliced, and cured/seasoned the last of my venison from last season for jerky. Ended up w/ 9.5 lbs after trim. Used Curley's cajun blend. Doing half on Saturday. It's my B-day so don't wanna commit to the whole batch. The rest is in the freezer. Planning to smoke w/ hickory and maybe a bit of cherry for the flav.

Word Up.

Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky