What kind of peppers are these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Neighbor was given some hot peppers from a friend. She said they were to dang hot for her and offered them to me. Not sure what kind they are. Any ideas?
20230707_163714.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
I was leaning to a scotch bonnet but most I have bought are more rounded. So most likely a Hab of some sorts. She said they are crazy hot. Have not tried one yet. Don't want to upset my Friday night beer drinking lol

Scotch Bonnet get bunched around the stem side and pucker up the flower side.
Very unique shape of the peppers I have grown.

I say Habanero or in that family. The reaper has a similar shape, too.

Hot peppers in moderation add a wonderful fruitiness.

I'm hoping to add Datil to my harvest, but they not looking promising.

Reactions: JC in GB
You can make a really good habanero mango sauce with them. It's hot but addictive as all get out.

Have you tried Sam's Choice Habenero Mango pickles ? Find them at Walmart. They are too hot for me when just eating them alone, but put them on a sandwich and wow , adds great flavor.

And the Sams Choice Maple Bourbon pickles are great. So far, all the Sam's Choice items from Walmart that I've tried , have been good.

I'd be interested in the habanero mango sauce recipe. I planted a habanero plant this year and its loaded with peppers.

Have you tried Sam's Choice Habenero Mango pickles ? Find them at Walmart. They are too hot for me when just eating them alone, but put them on a sandwich and wow , adds great flavor.

And the Sams Choice Maple Bourbon pickles are great. So far, all the Sam's Choice items from Walmart that I've tried , have been good.

I'd be interested in the habanero mango sauce recipe. I planted a habanero plant this year and its loaded with peppers.
No, but I will now.

I'll try to dig out the recipe for the Mango Habanero sauce. I don't make it often and have to refresh my memory on how.

The number of hot pepper varieties is mind boggling but id have to say habanero or close cultivar or habanero on these too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky