What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alison Krauss/Robert Plant on July 2nd.Once again with Willie and this time around also Dylan.

Last time around they played with Willie and Willie isn't so much himself anymore but I can deal with that.But I'm gonna have a hard time with Bob Dylan as I just can't stand that man's voice,its like fingernails on a chalkboard to me but I'll deal as there's no way I'm missing Alison.Would love it if Jerry Douglas sat in on this one but that's more a Union Station gig.

Smokin Okie Smokin Okie we'll more than likely be at the Tedeschi/Trucks show in Gilford time permitting as its already a busy concert season for me with Kerry King,then Slayer and finally Maiden but Gilford is not a far ride and I have friends who live moments from the venue.

Forgot about U.D.O also. Definitely have a full schedule.

Last edited:
Got this in email today. Finally, they're in the State of Oklahoma. May make a nice trip to spend some time in Tulsa in June.

There was a link in the email that was suppose to go to a full list of dates and maybe have more info, like the venue , but I can't find it

View attachment 689766
So glad I saw this post! They will be here on August 11th, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.
Really starting to like them, and psych'd that they're playing right across the street from where I live!

So glad I saw this post! They will be here on August 11th, I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.
Really starting to like them, and psych'd that they're playing right across the street from where I live!

Being that close would be great !

Man, that's a rough schedule you've got :emoji_sunglasses:

Tickets for TTB in Tulsa go on sale at 10 am here. Mrs Okie and I are still undecided, we will probably pass
Well, actually that's a slow time. Here is my schedule (so far). I expect to fill in the time between June 12 and 28 besides Pearl Jam

4/24 Willie Nelson Berkeley Ca
5/1 Daze Between Festival New Orleans
5/2 - 5/5 NOLA Jazzfest
5/9 Ana Popovic Sebastapol Ca
5/11 Rolling Stones Las Vegas
5/13 Warpaint Seattle Wa
5/15 Rolling Stones Seattle Wa
5/17 Warpaint SF Ca
5/23 Rolling Stones E. Rutherford NJ
5/26 Rolling Stones E Rutherford NJ
6/1 Tedeschi Trucks Band
6/8-6/12 Bergenfest Bergen Norway
6/22 Pearl Jam Dublin Ireland
6/28 Sheryl Crow Amsterdam Netherlands
6/29 Nick Mason London
7/10 Rolling Stones Los Angeles
7/13 Rolling Stones Los Angeles
7/17 Rolling Stones Santa Clara

I expect August to October will be similar.

Well, actually that's a slow time. Here is my schedule (so far). I expect to fill in the time between June 12 and 28 besides Pearl Jam

5/2 - 5/5 NOLA Jazzfest
5/13 Warpaint Seattle Wa
5/17 Warpaint SF Ca
6/1 Tedeschi Trucks Band
6/29 Nick Mason London

You living large !!

5/2 - 5/5 NOLA Jazzfest
5/13 Warpaint Seattle Wa
5/17 Warpaint SF Ca
6/1 Tedeschi Trucks Band
6/29 Nick Mason London

Warpaint is a great inclusion!

Reactions: daspyknows
New song by Aaron Lewis,,,, Made in China,,,, check him out

Aaron Lewis is an odd duck for sure. His crossover from Stained to his country act is bizarre. That said, I really like his country sound and can tell that in his core he is an American Patriot brother. He has issues but I’m thinking at the end he is a good seed. I listen some.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I went with Carolyn to a live concert at a large county fair several years ago. Was a country performer that I like his music, Sawyer Brown. Ended up being the most miserable 2 hours I ever sat in front 2 dozen speakers with volume cranked up full blast. The next year the son and I stayed at the camper while the girls went to a concert. Camper was 3/4 mile behind the stage, and we heard it just fine. No wonder the hearing aid business is booming, literally. Just my opinion of concerts.
Pam and I took the kids to see Stevie Nicks and Billie Joel last summer at Arrowhead and had the same problem. I had to remove the batteries from my hearing aids and just use them as ear plugs. Of course, all of the fidelity was lost and the sound was not really enjoyable then. We learned something that evening but otherwise had a great time.

I learned something too: [1] Don't go to live concerts. [2] Make sure the beer is cold when you get back to the camper. I shut my aids off but didn't help much.

Reactions: Colin1230
I couldn't survive not going to live concerts again. Missed it for 18 months when the world shut down and that was the hardest thing for me. It's like a form of therapy for me.

Speaking of concerts, just got home from the final U2 shows at the Sphere in Las Vegas. What a venue. The sound was amazing, the visuals were like IMAX on steroids and the shows were worth 20 hours of driving. I doubt many on here would be interested but if curious its worth looking on Youtube for some of the videos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky