Well I finally got my smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kardar2

Original poster
Apr 11, 2017
State of Jefferson
Hello all,
Well I finally got me a smoker. I just butchered our pig and Could not wait to get a smoker. Well I bought a Traeger timberline 1300. So this morning I followed the instructions on how to season it and let it cook for an hour at 500 degrees. And man alive I could not believe how fast it went through the pellet I told the wife I need to go buy a few more bags of pellets cause that smoke eats them like there is no tomorrow LOL I know what you are thinking and laughing at LOL. So I loaded the hopper full and put my meat on and yep I realized at cooking at 500 would cause you to go through a bag pretty quick. My second mistake was I put the hams on at noon and I did not realize it was going to be a 12 hour deal LOL I got up at 4:30 this morning and after cutting and package up a 300 puns pig I am beat. LOL all well live and learn as they say. LOL Well I look forward to smiling king lots of meat.. have a good one

Welcome to the board! Use the Search here to look up your smoker and see how people use them. Good luck and yes, this is a learning curve. Many here recommend running a log book with notes on what meat, what temp, what time, what seasonings, etc.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky