Weekend Chicken & Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
I decided to try two new recipes for my chicken and ribs cook. For the chicken, I used Big Mo Cason's rub and then created two new sauces from scratch. For the chicken, I used an apricot sauce and for the ribs, I used a sauce with Gulden's mustard.

I used a homemade rub on the ribs and cooked them using the 2-2-1 method, while the chicken was brined in my special seasoning for 30 hours, pat dry, applied rub, and smoked for about an hour until the internal temp hit 155.

Both came out amazing!

Attachments

• 20220625_183338.jpg
    20220625_183338.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220625_183344.jpg
    20220625_183344.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 23
Looks great and I love an apricot sauce!
I've use Mo's rib rub but never tried the chicken.

Keith

Here is my recipe for the apricot bbq sauce.
  • ½ teaspoon olive oil
  • 3 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
  • ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • ½ teaspoon ground cumin*
  • ½ cup water
  • ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup apricot jam
  • 2 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon molasses
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • ½ teaspoon white ground pepper more or less for heat
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Add water, apple juice, apricot jam, honey, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a pot. Heat on low and mix slowly. Add all other ingredients after a few minutes. Simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes until thickened. Stir occasionally so as not to burn and stick. Remove from heat. Let cool.

*optional

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky