Video games?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alright, who's played or is playing Elden Ring? Considering buying it despite my reservations of it being more work than fun. I see there are a fair amount of mods that can be used to play it offline if one wants a crutch. That could be the deciding factor.

Reactions: zwiller
I started out playing Pong on the new Atari my friends had back in the 80's. 63 now and still gaming...I do believe it helps keep the brain cells in shape. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! :emoji_wink:

Me and my son that lives in MD just finished playing Halo Infinite on the Legendary level last night. My azz cheeks still haven't unclenched. :emoji_laughing:
My best bud and I back in 1979 bought the Intellivision consols. The controllers always wore out and we had to keep getting new ones. Play sea battle for hours and hours drinking beers. Lots of fun times for sure.

Reactions: crazymoon
Alright, who's played or is playing Elden Ring? Considering buying it despite my reservations of it being more work than fun. I see there are a fair amount of mods that can be used to play it offline if one wants a crutch. That could be the deciding factor.
I took a look at it but sounds like the boss battles are really hard. Speaking of boss battles playing Dead Space 3 and they just threw 2 that cant be killed at me! Sometimes they make these battles just to hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
I been re-playing Rage. It is a pretty decent game. My wrist has been feeling like a sprain but I have not done anything to it. It is probably from playing video games! I might have to give this thing a break!

I started Hogwarts last week and honestly love it. Good fun open world. I'm taking my time with maybe an hour a day because it's so hard to find me games I like.

I been re-playing Rage. It is a pretty decent game. My wrist has been feeling like a sprain but I have not done anything to it. It is probably from playing video games! I might have to give this thing a break!
I had a strained flexor muscle after a 3-4 hr stretch of Borderlands 3 last week. Took a couple nights off and its fine now. You know you're old when you hurt yourself playing a video game!

I'm near the end of Hogwarts so playing a little here and there to stretch my fun. I bought Alan Wake Remastered over the weed for $10. Enjoying it for sure. I'll likely buy Alan Wake 2 that just came out when the price drops from $59 to about half that or less.

My son being in the army reserves Canada he plays Arma.
"
About

Description​

Arma is a series of first- and third-person military tactical shooters developed by Czech game developer Bohemia Interactive and originally released for Microsoft Windows. The series centers around realistic depictions of modern warfare from various perspectives."

Can't say I would get into it but he likes it.

That's pretty cool! Arma is known for its dedication to realism and military simulation, so it's no surprise that your son, being in the army reserves in Canada, would enjoy it. It can be quite a unique experience to delve into a game that mirrors real-world military scenarios.
Speaking of gaming, I'm quite an enthusiast myself. Recently, I've been hooked again on Counter Strike, especially with the CS2 skins marketplace. The ability to personalize and customize your weapons adds a whole new layer of excitement to the game.

Last edited:
My hands are starting to get back to normal. I so want to pick up that controller but figure I better at least wait until I finish this prednisone. Probably should also wait until i get to see hand surgeon to see what he says.

Reactions: crazymoon
My hands are starting to get back to normal. I so want to pick up that controller but figure I better at least wait until I finish this prednisone. Probably should also wait until i get to see hand surgeon to see what he says.

Brian really sounds like you have carpal tunnel in your hands / wrists. If that is it and the doctor says about the surgery , go for it .

Mona had to have both of hers done ( not at same time ) she could hardly hold a fork sometimes , it would just fall out of her hands .
Pain so bad some times I would see her slamming fists onto table to try and stop the pain.
Its been a few years now and her hands /wrists are still doing fantastic.

Her problem was also mostly from playing hand held video games .

David

Mona always wanted VR console , so I got her one ( Meta Quest 2 ) for xmas.
I have been slowly learning it while she is not around , to set up and install games on it .
It looks like it will be a lot of fun . But a big learning curve for me , and then to show her.
I loaded up a few games so there is something on it for her xmas day.
I played one of the roller coaster games . ( she loves roller coasters ) and oh my god . I really had to shut it down as I had just had a big meal and I thought I was going to get sick, lol
She is going to love this , and I might enjoy it myself , if she lets me play .

David

Reactions: Colin1230
It's been a little slow and I thought I'd ask something I've been wondering about
Last year the Mrs. got me a PS4 for my birthday because she got tired of me rattling around the house like a bell clapper while we were shut down.
20+ years ago I was into computer games and built a couple of systems which were top shelf then but doorstops now.
I got tired of that like many of my hobbies.
Anyway, though I'm no good at it I get a kick out of playing now and then through the day. I get killed a lot!!
I was wondering if anyone else plays and what they play.
I like sci-fi types with a sense of humor....
View attachment 517955
angry birds 2

I'm going to finish off Hogwarts Legacy and Alan Wake remastered this week so I can start Resident Evil 4

FPS games for me. Mainly Fallout, Doom and Half Life

Best thing about the Fallout Series is mods that coders create to keep the game going and interesting.

Nothing new. Saw a couple, but one requires you lead people through a wasteland. I usually tend to get them shot so I don't have to bother with them, but that isn't the goal of the game.

The other (latest Doom) seems more about killing and less about puzzle solving and non stop killing is not a game

FPS games for me. Mainly Fallout, Doom and Half Life

Best thing about the Fallout Series is mods that coders create to keep the game going and interesting.

Nothing new. Saw a couple, but one requires you lead people through a wasteland. I usually tend to get them shot so I don't have to bother with them, but that isn't the goal of the game.

The other (latest Doom) seems more about killing and less about puzzle solving and non stop killing is not a game
I wish I could get into first person perspective games. There are so many great ones but I just can't get into them. They also tend to give me some motion sickness issues even if I adjust the FOV. The other large group of games I cannot get into is top down perspective games. That and the click to move just lose me. Many years ago I liked Diablo but just can't do them anymore.

Brian really sounds like you have carpal tunnel in your hands / wrists. If that is it and the doctor says about the surgery , go for it .

Mona had to have both of hers done ( not at same time ) she could hardly hold a fork sometimes , it would just fall out of her hands .
Pain so bad some times I would see her slamming fists onto table to try and stop the pain.
Its been a few years now and her hands /wrists are still doing fantastic.

Her problem was also mostly from playing hand held video games .

David
How long was recovery?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky