VENISON SNACK STICK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auerjr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 31, 2019
WI
Over the long weekend decided to make some snack sticks / 35lbs venison,20lbs pork butt / 19mm Collagen Casings

25lbs PS Seasoning - Teriyaki
15lbs PS Seasoning - Seven Pepper
15lbs PS Seasoning - Chorizo

I didn't get any pictures of the meat grinding or stuffing :emoji_frowning2:.

Smoked in my home-made smoker - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-w-pics.311908/
I have been tweaking/modifying this smoker sense I built it in 2021. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out... for now:emoji_wink:

IMG_8783.jpg

snack sticks loaded up on rods/waiting for smoker to heat up.
IMG_8784.jpg

smoker all loaded up

IMG_8786.jpg

Rolling smoke - I start off using the 1500w heating element w/ Auber PID and amnps with pellets. started off at 100° and slowing increased.
IMG_8787.jpg

smoker wrapped in a wool blanket - the 1500 watt heating element has a hard time incasing temp's above 120°. after a few hours at 120° I started up the pellet pro. Lowest temp on the pellet pro is 160°. ran at 160° for a few hours and incased to 170° till internal temp was 153°
IMG_8789.jpg

all done!

Overall this was a success. Kids said they taste good! I did have a few links separate from the casing, thinking I didn't stuff full enough or didn't cool them down fast enough?

Looks excellent, Kids tested and mothers approved. cant beat it with a stick.

Reactions: smokin peachey
When my smoker is just sitting empty it is begging for some other modification or upgrade...

Great looking sticks! I'm going to get a venison/butt batch going myself soon and seeing yours motivates me. I've got a few Walton's seasonings bags to try.

You smoker looks similar to
Mine with the excepts of the electric element which I wanted to add but never did and I end up running 160 with the door cracked for about an hour and I get 130F then I close it lol let me find a link

Over the long weekend decided to make some snack sticks / 35lbs venison,20lbs pork butt / 19mm Collagen Casings

25lbs PS Seasoning - Teriyaki
15lbs PS Seasoning - Seven Pepper
15lbs PS Seasoning - Chorizo

I didn't get any pictures of the meat grinding or stuffing :emoji_frowning2:.

Smoked in my home-made smoker - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-w-pics.311908/
I have been tweaking/modifying this smoker sense I built it in 2021. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out... for now:emoji_wink:

View attachment 669842
snack sticks loaded up on rods/waiting for smoker to heat up.
View attachment 669843
smoker all loaded up

View attachment 669847
Rolling smoke - I start off using the 1500w heating element w/ Auber PID and amnps with pellets. started off at 100° and slowing increased.View attachment 669845
smoker wrapped in a wool blanket - the 1500 watt heating element has a hard time incasing temp's above 120°. after a few hours at 120° I started up the pellet pro. Lowest temp on the pellet pro is 160°. ran at 160° for a few hours and incased to 170° till internal temp was 153°
View attachment 669846
all done!

Overall this was a success. Kids said they taste good! I did have a few links separate from the casing, thinking I didn't stuff full enough or didn't cool them down fast enough?
Thread 'Smoker Build in Progress. (Pic. Heavy)'
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-in-progress-pic-heavy.311953/

You smoker looks similar to
Mine with the excepts of the electric element which I wanted to add but never did and I end up running 160 with the door cracked for about an hour and I get 130F then I close it lol let me find a link
I recently sent smoke daddy my controller so they could reprogram it. With the reprograming, I can get as low at 100°!!! I have been very happy with how it is performing at the low temps.

I recently sent smoke daddy my controller so they could reprogram it. With the reprograming, I can get as low at 100°!!! I have been very happy with how it is performing at the low temps.
What!?? I need to give them a call ! I need that to happen to
Mine!

Just got off the phone with them I’ll be sending mine out shortly.

Reactions: indaswamp
Down to 100f is pretty amazing.
I hope it keeps works reliably for you at that temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky