VENISON SNACK STICK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

auerjr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 31, 2019
WI
Over the long weekend decided to make some snack sticks / 35lbs venison,20lbs pork butt / 19mm Collagen Casings

25lbs PS Seasoning - Teriyaki
15lbs PS Seasoning - Seven Pepper
15lbs PS Seasoning - Chorizo

I didn't get any pictures of the meat grinding or stuffing :emoji_frowning2:.

Smoked in my home-made smoker - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-w-pics.311908/
I have been tweaking/modifying this smoker sense I built it in 2021. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out... for now:emoji_wink:

IMG_8783.jpg

snack sticks loaded up on rods/waiting for smoker to heat up.
IMG_8784.jpg

smoker all loaded up

IMG_8786.jpg

Rolling smoke - I start off using the 1500w heating element w/ Auber PID and amnps with pellets. started off at 100° and slowing increased.
IMG_8787.jpg

smoker wrapped in a wool blanket - the 1500 watt heating element has a hard time incasing temp's above 120°. after a few hours at 120° I started up the pellet pro. Lowest temp on the pellet pro is 160°. ran at 160° for a few hours and incased to 170° till internal temp was 153°
IMG_8789.jpg

all done!

Overall this was a success. Kids said they taste good! I did have a few links separate from the casing, thinking I didn't stuff full enough or didn't cool them down fast enough?

Looks excellent, Kids tested and mothers approved. cant beat it with a stick.

Reactions: smokin peachey
When my smoker is just sitting empty it is begging for some other modification or upgrade...

Great looking sticks! I'm going to get a venison/butt batch going myself soon and seeing yours motivates me. I've got a few Walton's seasonings bags to try.

You smoker looks similar to
Mine with the excepts of the electric element which I wanted to add but never did and I end up running 160 with the door cracked for about an hour and I get 130F then I close it lol let me find a link

Over the long weekend decided to make some snack sticks / 35lbs venison,20lbs pork butt / 19mm Collagen Casings

25lbs PS Seasoning - Teriyaki
15lbs PS Seasoning - Seven Pepper
15lbs PS Seasoning - Chorizo

I didn't get any pictures of the meat grinding or stuffing :emoji_frowning2:.

Smoked in my home-made smoker - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-w-pics.311908/
I have been tweaking/modifying this smoker sense I built it in 2021. I think I finally have all the bugs worked out... for now:emoji_wink:

View attachment 669842
snack sticks loaded up on rods/waiting for smoker to heat up.
View attachment 669843
smoker all loaded up

View attachment 669847
Rolling smoke - I start off using the 1500w heating element w/ Auber PID and amnps with pellets. started off at 100° and slowing increased.View attachment 669845
smoker wrapped in a wool blanket - the 1500 watt heating element has a hard time incasing temp's above 120°. after a few hours at 120° I started up the pellet pro. Lowest temp on the pellet pro is 160°. ran at 160° for a few hours and incased to 170° till internal temp was 153°
View attachment 669846
all done!

Overall this was a success. Kids said they taste good! I did have a few links separate from the casing, thinking I didn't stuff full enough or didn't cool them down fast enough?
Thread 'Smoker Build in Progress. (Pic. Heavy)'
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoker-build-in-progress-pic-heavy.311953/

You smoker looks similar to
Mine with the excepts of the electric element which I wanted to add but never did and I end up running 160 with the door cracked for about an hour and I get 130F then I close it lol let me find a link
I recently sent smoke daddy my controller so they could reprogram it. With the reprograming, I can get as low at 100°!!! I have been very happy with how it is performing at the low temps.

I recently sent smoke daddy my controller so they could reprogram it. With the reprograming, I can get as low at 100°!!! I have been very happy with how it is performing at the low temps.
What!?? I need to give them a call ! I need that to happen to
Mine!

Just got off the phone with them I’ll be sending mine out shortly.

Reactions: indaswamp
Down to 100f is pretty amazing.
I hope it keeps works reliably for you at that temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky