Vasconia tamale pot price

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Those pots pots probably wouldn't have the right measurements anyway Case.   I had a hard time finding one that was comapatible.  How much is too much for those anyway?   Mine was a tad over 100 bucks with shipping and i thought that was pretty good....stainless aint cheap for sure. 
I took tape measure in hand! Both times I've done that I've got some funny looks! The local pots will fit. But price wise yeah right at $100. So with a new jumbo @ $59, $100 for the pot, $15 for an additional rack, probably $10 of misc nuts bolts etc, that puts the Jumbo at $184, just a wee bit more than a mini, and currently more than I want to spend!

I took tape measure in hand! Both times I've done that I've got some funny looks! The local pots will fit. But price wise yeah right at $100. So with a new jumbo @ $59, $100 for the pot, $15 for an additional rack, probably $10 of misc nuts bolts etc, that puts the Jumbo at $184, just a wee bit more than a mini, and currently more than I want to spend!
The bottom needed to be 17.5" and the top 18.5"

It was tough finding one...which is probably why i was the first person (that i know of) that built one with a pot.   I saw ones built with other things but they weren't nice. 

Picked up mine from Walmart last night and placed it on my smokey joe silver and damm, what a beautiful fit.  Lid fits snug and same with the bottom part.  The cooking grate has perfect amount of manueverability inside the pot as well.

Was going to try to grab those cheap pie tins people have been talking about for ash catcher and to experiement as a heat deflector but sadly this walmart didn't have any.

Can I paint this without priming it using the glossy VHT engine enamel paint?  Just prep the surface and paint?!?!

Picked up mine from Walmart last night and placed it on my smokey joe silver and damm, what a beautiful fit.  Lid fits snug and same with the bottom part.  The cooking grate has perfect amount of manueverability inside the pot as well.

Was going to try to grab those cheap pie tins people have been talking about for ash catcherAsh catcher?  That's what the grill is for. and to experiement as a heat deflectorThe steamer pan is the only heat deflector i need or want. but sadly this walmart didn't have any.  

Can I paint this without priming it using the glossy VHT engine enamel paint?  Just prep the surface and paint?!?!Sure you can

That price should be close to the 14" smokey mountain. So, is it worth it? Toss up to me.  I enjoyed the build and look forward to the next.  And perhaps a certain pride that it is built exactly the way you wanted. 

Last edited:

That price should be close to the 14" smokey mountain. So, is it worth it? Toss up to me.  I enjoyed the build and look forward to the next.  And perhaps a certain pride that it is built exactly the way you wanted. 
Brian i built my Jimmy (jumbo mini) for in the range of about 180 but it's better than the WSM 18.5" hands down.  It does more plus it's stainless steel. 

Yep - $19 with free ship to store.  $20 + change for tax total.  I love that down below the item you see "People who viewed also viewed" and the first thing is a Smokey Joe!  These things are like wildfire!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky